Sunshine |FLUFF ☁️

For Lolololrjdjxnfns

Rantaro x Deppressed/Stressed!Reader

I'm sorry school has been rough for you. Hope this cheers you up! I may have missed the spot with this one but I hope this is okay qwq

Words; 1124
Prompt; None
Warnings; Strong language

_ _ _ _

How many hours had passed now? The clock was ticking away and you didn't have anything worth turning in. Fuck, this hard. Tapping your pen against the table, you bit your lip as you looked down at your blank document.

You hated this.

You hated every inch of this shit show. You looked down at your notes. Nothing was there. In exasperation, you groaned loudly as you pounded your fist against the table.

Rantaro, hearing you from across the room went to see how you were doing. "Hey, baby? Are you okay?" His soft and gentle words immediately grounded you and you looked up at him. Not wanting to worry him, you waved him off dismissively. "Yeah, mhm! I'm alright."

The green haired male furrowed his eyebrows in concern. He didn't appreciate being waved off by his loved one. Especially after hearing that strangled cry of defeat. "Are you sure?" Hearing his worried tone let you know that he knew what was going on. 

You sigh before spilling out all your concerns with school. All the people that hurt you, who pressure you and all the work that's been piled onto you, making it feel like you're holding the weight of the goddamned universe. Amami listened as he patted your back.

Tears were spilling out now as you choked and fumbled with your words. You couldn't even speak as you just let out strangled sobs. Rantaro didn't stop you. He cradled you against his chest petting your hair as you cried. You whimper quietly as your cries die down.

"It's okay Y/N… I understand completely. You should take a break." Before you could protest, he picked you up bridal style and carried you to the bedroom. You blushed softly at what he might be suggesting but you held your tongue. 

He plopped you onto the bed as you laughed quietly. He immediately hugged you, smiling at you. You push him away playfully. "You dork…" You teased, hugging him tightly. "I thought you needed a little cuddle break before we went out." He kissed your forehead.

"We're going out?" You asked, looking up at him. You look into his eyes. It never occurred to you how pretty they were. It also never occurred to you how much you were staring. 

"Y/N… Y/N… Earth to my beautiful partner?" You jolted up and looked away slightly embarrassed. "Hey, I know I'm eye candy but c'mon." He smirked. You playfully smack him on the shoulder. "Shut up pretty boy." You hissed playfully. 

"Since you weren't listening, I suppose it would just have to be a surprise." He sighed, smugly. Pouting, you clinged to his arm. "Raantaroooo!! Please?" You begged. He simply chuckled in response.

He tilted your chin up and kissed you softly. You kissed back softly, feeling his hands rest on your waist. Pulling away, he whispered quietly. "I love you…" You smiled at him. "I love you too."

_ _ _ _ 

"C'mon, Y/N!" Your boyfriend pulled you towards him as you both walked the path to a nearby park. You never noticed how good it was outside. Maybe it was good to take a break. Being cooped up inside and stressing wasn't good after all.

You held Rantaro's hand tightly as you both crossed the street, each step getting closer to the place where Amami himself spent the most time in, ever since he settled here. You look around. Not many people were in the park and that was fine.

Clutching the picnic basket, you followed him quickly. "See, it's nice to go out once in a while." He grinned. You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, yeah whatever." You did agree with him though. "Where are we going?" You asked curiously.

He became silent. "R-Rantaro?" He looked back at you as he winked. "Secret." You huffed. Guess you'll just have to be dragged around by the arm. 

Minutes turned into hours. You hear running water. "Here." Rantaro smiled. Looking up, you see a small gentle waterfall as well as a meadow filled with flowers on the far left. You gasped audibly, hardly containing your excitement.

"I normally stay here when things get stressful. I thought I should share it with you." He rubbed the back of his neck, watching your eyes light up. "Th-Thank you…" You stuttered. He kissed your forehead. 

Both of them tried to find a place where you could hear the calming water flow but still be close to the flower field. You settled down eventually, laying the sheet down for a place to rest. Placing the basket in the middle, you watched Rantaro pick some of the wild flowers. 

He weaved them into a flower crown, perfect for you. Without saying a single word, he placed it gently on your head. You reach up to touch it gingerly. "Ah…" You look up at him. "Thank you, Amami." 

He smiled as he held your hand up towards his lips, placing a small kiss on the back of your hand like a true gentleman. You blush slightly at his display of affection. How did you land someone as handsome and kind as him? 

"R-Rantaro?"

His head perked up, hearing his name coming from you. "Yes, my lo-" He stopped in his tracks as he saw you were crying once again. You didn't notice at first but once you did, you rapidly tried to get rid of any trace of you crying.

This only resulted in you crying harder.

"Wh-What's wrong?" He asked, holding you close. 

"Why?" You asked. He was confused but waited for you to finish. "Why do you love me so much? I'm not special. I'm not anything. Why are you here, holding me close? Aren't I a burden?" Each word left a stinging sensation in his heart.

"Sweetie…" He hugged you tighter. "You mean so much to me, dear. I can't picture my life without you. You're never a burden. Never." You cry silently against him as he pats your back.

A couple of moments pass by and you've already calmed down thanks to him. "I-I'm sorry about that… Y'know I just keep on thinking and… well…" He nodded in understanding. "I know. But you don't have to apologise for feeling that way." He held your hands tightly. "Y/N. Promise me when you feel like this, you'll tell me."

You nod quickly as you both stayed there, embracing each other in quiet solace. The sunshine became a little bit brighter that day.