Promise|FLUFF ☁️

Warnings(?); Strong language, Self deprecating language towards reader

Words; 811

Prompt; "It's not like I like you or anything!!"

Rantaro x Tsundere(?)Reader

Gender neutral, ya'll are covered 😌

_ _ _ _

You yawned. 'What time is it? Ugh, who even cares...' You thought to yourself, putting your elbows on the table and leaning your chin on the back of your hands. Like that one anime girl from the game you heard about. What was her name? Ma... Mo... Moni-- "Hey! Y/N!"

You snapped out of your thoughts as you look up. "Oh hey, Kaito." You sat up, your finger tips brushing the handle of your bag. 'If I time this correctly, I can avoid everyone else and give my gift to Rantaro...' You thought. Your fingers were curling around the handles now. Momota was still talking. You had to apologise later for your next actions.

'And... Now!'

"Sorry I have to go!" You got up, the chair squeaking against the hard wood floor. God, that sound was absolutely terrible. But that was the least of your worries. You dodged multiple students trying to get to Amami. Cooking club members, the theatre kids, even pushing past your own friends! Suppose you had to just tell them sorry later.

You skidded around the corner and there he was. Rantaro Amami. Part of the debate club but was popular for his knowledge in cartography and geography. He was charming, kind and just... Amazing. You fumbled with the zipper of your bag, taking out the bag of cookies. They were adventure themed, and though icing cookies wasn't your strong point, you pulled it off very well.

Rantaro heard a quick zip! behind him. He turned around to be met with a person. A person he's known all his life. He smiled nervously. "Um... Can I help you, Y/N?" His voice wavered. His voice... Another thing you loved about him. His smooth, charming voice. You could listen to it for hours.

"H-Hello?"

He waved his hand over your face. "A-Ah! Sorry! H-Here. I baked these." You pushed the bag into him as he hurriedly took it. "Are these cookies?" He asked, raising a brow. "Yes! They were left over ones so um... I thought you would like them... But don't think they were made for you, dummy!"

'Shit.' Your defensive mechanism (which happened to be insulting e v e r y t h i n g) decided to spring up. Perfect. Now, once this started... It would not stop. Rantaro opened the bag carefully and took a cookie out, inspecting it. "Did you poison this?" You spluttered. "What?! No you idiot!" He smiles at your reaction before eating the cookie. His eyes lit up which triggered a chain reaction since your eyes lit up too.

"This is... Really good! Thank you, Y/N!" He patted your head. You blushed and looked away. "W-Well... Don't get used to it! It's not like every day I bake you something." Amami grins. "Oh? So you did make these for me." You pursed your lips before pushing past him. "N-No! Just... Shut up!"

You ran. You ran like your life depended on it. Why? Why did you run? Why did you act like that? What is wrong with you? Those words echoed through your mind as you stopped in your tracks. You felt tears brimming to the edge. This... wasn't the first time you pushed him away. You wanted to hold him but... Your brain wouldn't let you.

You sighed softly before sucking up your feelings. "... Hey, Y/N?" Rantaro's hand was placed on your shoulder as you jumped slightly. "Wh-What??" You turned to look at him. Before you could react, you were pulled into his chest.

"I understand. I know you're scared of messing up." He looked down at you, a sweet smile gracing his lips. "I don't... understand... I'm so shitty towards you. I'm the worst." You gulp as you almost crying. He only hugged you tightly. "You may be feisty, but I love you for it. You show you're soft side more than you think, Y/N. I know you're worried about losing me so..."

He steps away, holding a small box. "Well... I got us promise rings." A light blush bloomed on his cheeks as he rubbed his neck and smiled sheepishly. You gasp quietly. "A-Aren't they promising... You'll marry your partner??" You asked. He nods. It took you while to realise.

"Oh... OH!!" You face heated up as you look away. "W-Well... I- um..." You tripped over your words. You didn't notice the fact that Rantaro was already slipping the ring on your left ring finger. "Hey!! I didn't even say my answer!!" You pout. He chuckles as he pressed his forehead against yours. "We both know you're going to say yes."

You were stumped. It was true, you couldn't say no to his suave and cool personality. You sigh and pulled him by his tie. "Cork it, avacado." You whisper as you kissed him quickly.