Sick Day|FLUFF ☁️

Words; 562

Fluff

Prompt: Taking care of an ill partner.

Aah, first oneshot, hooray!

This is for a specific person 💚💚

_ _ _ _

*COUGH COUGH*

"Aah! I'm sorry baby! I got distracted!" You ran in frantically into the room where your sick loved one resides. Rantaro decided it was a good idea to go travelling to a colder country. Without packing the proper clothing. And so, he came back home with a very bad cold.

Placing the tray of food you made for him, you pressed the back of your hand against his forehead after you removed the washcloth. "It's going down, so that should be good..." You mumbled, refolding the wash cloth and placing it back onto Amami's head.

"I-I'm so sorry I was stupid, my dear..." He smiled sheepishly at you. "What? No, no, no, no, no! It's okay baby, it's alright." You reassured him, helping him up and leaning his back against a few propped up pillows. "It's fine! You may not get to go where you want but at least you can spend more time with me." You say, looking on the bright side. "Yeah, that is a plus..." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

He yawned slightly. "Ah, here, I got you some food~" You chimed, slipping the tray into his lap. "I attempted to cook your favourite." You added a playful wink and giggled. He smiled at your little gesture. "Aw, you shouldn't have, my love..." He took a bite out of the meal you made for him and his eyes lit up. "This is... Incredible! Thank you so much!" Rantaro continued eating quickly.

"H-Hey now, if you continue eating that quick you'll--" *COUGH COUGH* "--choke..." Your desperate warning fell of deaf ears as you patted his back. "S-Sorry... It was too good..." He sighed. You smile emphatically. "I'm glad you like it Amami but please, try to be more careful..." He holds your hand in his, squeezing it tightly. "I will,my dear."

_ _ _ _

A couple of hours pass by. Rantaro was switching through the channels aimlessly as you read a book. You notice his sad, bored expression. "Rantaro? You okay, baby?" You ask. He nods solemnly. "Hey, you know you can tell me anything!" You reassured him. "I just... I'm sorry, baby... I should've planned this trip more and if I wasn't so stupid, you wouldn't have to give up your time for me..." He says, quietly.

"What? No! I enjoy looking after you! It's okay!" You say frantically as he turns away. You tilt his chin to look at you again. "Listen, Amami, I love you. Every part of you. And will look after you and I will make sure that you feel loved in this household." Rantaro could tear up from such kindness presented to him.
"I-... Thank you, dear." Without thinking, he pulled you into a tight hug.

You hug back, a little stunned from the sudden display of affection but you are grateful nonetheless. You pet his hair as he holds you close. "Hey... Baby?" He looked up at you. "Yeah, Rantaro?" You respond, looking down at the male holding you close. His emerald eyes were so pretty. You could tell that they held all the love for you.

"I love you. I don't deserve you..." He went back to hiding his face. You huff but smile. "I love you too, my ultimate adventurer. Just promise me you won't pull that stunt again, okay?" "Anything for you, my love~"