EARTH

serenity "renny" rivera

july 7, 2017

he nodded, rubbing my head gently, though i could tell in his energy that he wasn't as calm as he was playing himself off to be, he seemed happier in his energy, though i spoke nothing of it.

"you love me?" he asked lowly, and a smile curved on my lips as i nodded.

"of course." i said, sitting up and exhaling gently, before i broke my gaze from the sky and turned it to him.

he smiled at me, before placing a kiss on my lips, then replying. "i love you more."

i felt fuzzy and warm inside, and i let out a little breath, watching him return his attention to his frosty, which he was enjoying way too much, though it only made me chuckle gently as i watched.

he finished it, as i sat back in my seat and brought my legs up, linking hands with him and staring at our hands together, before he spoke up.

"whats your favorite color? and don't say black." he said, making me chuckle at his words.

i thought for a moment, because my go to answer would've been black, before i answered. "white, i like white things."

he tilted his head, raising an eyebrow. "white?"

"yeah," i nodded, bringing my eyes back down to our hands. "white. white roses, cause they mean eternal love, and white butterflies."

"why white butterflies?"

"because, if someone you  love dies and you see a white butterfly, it represents their soul, it  means they aren't gone, even if they aren't here physically." i answered, to which he nodded slowly as i continued.

"really the same thing as the roses, eternal love. it's deep to me, i want never ending love."

his hold on my hand tightened gently, as he looked up at the sky, which was losing its orange and purple tint and getting darker. "you got that with me. i promise, i'll never stop loving you."

my lips curled in a smile, as i spoke my mind. "it's kinda divine, isn't it? how we both fucked up with the wrong people, just to come to each other and fall in love just like that." i said, snapping my fingers.

"yeah, it is." he said gently, to which i gently rubbed circles onto his hand with my thumb and exhaled gently.

"you know why?" i asked, making him look over at me.

"why what?"

"why we fell in love so easy," i answered, as i stared at the sky and went on. "our souls were meant for each other. maybe we loved each other in our past lives, and we're just continuing it in this life."

he hummed for a moment. "i like the way your mind works, hope," he said, which made me laugh quietly before he continued. "i'd like to believe that, but if that's the case, we have to find each other in our next life too."

"we will, i promise. and if i ever die before you, you'll see my white butterfly." i said, looking back at him.

"and vice versa." he said, connecting his lips with mine in a gentle kiss, to which i returned, biting his lip gently as we pulled apart.

he stared at me, locking eyes with me and doing what he does best, captivating me and leaving me in a trance while his eyes seemed to search my soul, before speaking. "i think i'm just obsessed with you."

his words made me smile, and i stared into his soft, chocolate eyes, finally being able to decipher the look in them i'd struggled to read all this time.

love.

patient love, nothing more and nothing less.

"i could say the same." i replied, my face flushing with the rush of emotion, and my heart racing, butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

it was almost unbelievable, how looking at him, and speaking to him, listening to him confess his love and doing the same, was enough to give me a rush of emotions every time, as if it was the first time.

the way i saw him, he was the type of person who could hold the entire night sky in his eyes, and hold hurricanes and tornadoes in his skin, he could generate a windstorm with just his words, just a single breath, he was a true blessing of nature itself.

he had to be, because his words always sent goosebumps like cold wind, and his touch always brought warmth like the sun, he was carrying the earth and it's elements in him.

it made him a little more human than everyone else.

like the sun, no matter how dark the night got, he rose and lit up my days, promisingly shining every single day, to the point where i never questioned whether he would shed his light, because it was so usual.

had i not been so analytical and appreciative, i would've taken it for granted, the same way many people take the suns everyday rays for granted.

and like the earth beneath us all, no matter how much things seemed to crumble beneath me, he always offered a steady foundation for me to plant my feet on and stand, every single day.

and just like many people take the ground beneath them for granted, i would've too, but who could take a blessing, an angel like him, for granted?

he was the earth and i was the sea, water gentle enough to bring life, but waves strong enough to take it all the same, and while all my life i'd been violently thrashing and dragging in innocent victims within my wrathful waves, he was the one.

the one to calm my tempestuous sea.

the one for me.

~
eid mubarak to my muslim babies