bring him over sometime, yeah?

Jungkook wakes up before his six a.m. alarm. He stretches and pulls out his phone to text his mom to tell her that he'll be home in twenty minutes. He then shuffles into Namjoon's room.

Without thinking, Jungkook curls up next to Namjoon on the twin bed. The bed is too small to fit Namjoon by himself, let alone Junkook and Namjoon so it's a bit of a squeeze.

Namjoon shifts in his sleep. 'He's cute when he sleeps,' Jungkook thinks. He starts poking Namjoon's cheek to wake him up. Namjoon opens one eye then turns over to face the opposite direction Jungkook is laying.

"I'm leaving," Jungkook says. "You said you wanted me to wake you up."

Namjoon groans then turns back around. He pulls Jungkook into a hug. "It's too early."

Jungkook chuckles but returns the hug. "I know, but I have to go. I'll see you later, yeah? Text me when you wake up."

Namjoon nods, his bedhead flying into his face. He lets go of Jungkook who crawls out of the bed. He's already asleep by the time Jungkook leaves the apartment.

He takes the bus back home, and as quietly as he can, he sneaks into the house and up the stairs to his bedroom. He showers as quickly as he can then changes into a pair of tan dress pants and a red dress shirt. He starts to shave the stubble on his face, but his dad interrupts him and causes him to cut his cheek."

"Hey Jungkook-ah, when did you get- oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! Let me get you a bandaid," his dad says. He runs out of the bathroom and comes back with a package of tiny bandaids.

"Thanks, Dad," Jungkook says. He cleans his cut then put the bandaid on his cheek.

"Where were you last night? I know you're an adult and you don't technically have a curfew anymore, but warn a guy, yeah? I was surprised when your mother said you were coming back in the morning."

"I was at my friend's house. We lost track of time, so I slept on his couch," Jungkook says. It's not technically a lie, but he isn't telling the truth either.

"Namjoon, right?" his dad asks. Jungkook whips his head around to look at his dad. "Don't give me that look. You should invite him over for dinner sometime this week."

"Um... I'll ask him when he's free," Jungkook says noncommittally. "No promises though."

His dad nods. "Okay, okay. Oh, your mother wants to leave in ten minutes, so be downstairs in five, alright?"

"Alright. I'm almost done," he says. His dad leaves, and Jungkook stares at himself in the mirror. He's looked worse going to church before, so he isn't worried about his tired eyes or the pale bandaid on his face. He just hopes his mom doesn't comment on it. His mom can read him so easily, but he doesn't think he'll be able to handle an interrogation so early in the morning.

He makes it to the bottom of the staircase, only to run into his mother. "Your dad said you were at Namjoon's last night. How did it go?"

"It was fun," Jungkook says honestly. "We got pizza and just... talked I guess."

His mom smiles at him and pats his shoulder. "Bring him over sometime, yeah? We would love to meet him."

Jungkook nods and follows his mom to the car. It was weird that both of his parents said something about bringing Namjoon over. He wonders if they had talked about it together or were suspicious of Jungkook's sexuality. Jungkook mini-panics in the car on the way to the church. What if they make him go to conversion therapy or something? What if they send him away to a boarding school? Would his parents still love him if they knew he only wants to date boys?

Jungkook prays and asks God for guidance. He asks for acceptance and peace within himself and his loved ones. He asks for unconditional love from his parents. He thanks God over and over for the life he's been given thus far. He receives communion and prays and prays and prays.