this late already

Namjoon picks up Jungkook from his house at five p.m. on Saturday afternoon. He told Jungkook to wear whatever he wanted, so he decides on a white t-shirt and jeans with holes at the knees. They walk to the bus with some light conversation.

"So, what are we doing today?" Jungkook asks.

"I'm going to cook for you," Namjoon says. "Yoongi's out of the apartment for a bit so I thought we could just hang out at my place."

"You can cook?" Jungkook asks with an eyebrow raised. Somehow, he doesn't believe him.

As predicted, Namjoon grimaces. "Not really, but Jin gave me an easy recipe to try. I thought it would be sweet."

A smile graces Jungkook's face as he grabs Namjoon's hand. "You are sweet. I can't wait."

Turns out, Jungkook was going to have to wait for Namjoon's cooking. Namjoon opens all the windows in his two-bedroom apartment to let out all the smoke and chemicals from the fire extinguisher Jungkook had to use. They both look at the ruined pan then to each other and laugh.

"Okay, let's never do this again," Jungkook says between giggles.

"Yoongi's going to be pissed," Namjoon says. "I can see it now: 'Namjoon, you're banned from the kitchen for the rest of your life! You owe me a new pan and a new spatula!'"

"That recipe looked so difficult! Why did Jin think you could do it?"

Namjoon collapses on the couch. Jungkook sits down next to him. "I think he was trying to fuck with me. Maybe warn you of what a menace I am."

Jungkook shrugs. "I'm sure there are other things you're good at. Cooking isn't the only thing that matters."

Namjoon snorts. "Try telling that to Jin, he'll make you chop onions for three hours."

Jungkook grimaces. "That sounds painful." He pulls out his phone. "Do you want to just order a pizza?"

Namjoon throws his head back and groans. "That sounds like a good idea. There's a nice local pizza place a block away." He takes Jungkook's phone. "And no, I'm not letting you pay,"

Jungkook pouts. "What are you, my sugar daddy?"

"I'm allowed to spend ten dollars on my date. It's not like I'm paying your tuition or buying you name-brand underwear," he says. "And I'm eating pizza too. What toppings do you want?"

"Meat lovers," Jungkook replies instantly.

Namjoon clutches his chest. "A man after my heart." He dials the number and orders the pizza.

Jungkook relaxes against Namjoon's side as he talks to the pizza person. He rests his head on Namjoon's shoulder and sighs. He feels so comfortable around the older man, even though they've only met in person a few times. If Jungkook spaces out enough, he can imagine a life with Namjoon. A house with a picket fence, two beautiful children, attending Mass every Sunday, the works. He knows that a lot of his thoughts are just a fantasy, but he can't help but think about a perfect world where his parents still love him if he's married to a man.

Namjoon hangs up the phone and hands it back to Jungkook, who shoves it into his pocket. "The pizza will be here in twenty minutes. What do you want to do until then?"

Jungkook snuggles into Namjoon. "This is fine."

Namjoon chuckles. "You're awfully cuddly. Not that I'm complaining, of course." He wraps his arm around Jungkook.

"Hey," Jungkook says. He looks up to meet Namjoon's eyes. "My parents want to meet you."

"You told them about me?" Namjoon asks, surprised. "I thought you weren't out?"