THIRTY-THREE. house of set up

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

One day. One whole day until the total eclipse and the Sibuna gang were stumped. The group of friends in question sat around the dining table for breakfast, no smiles in sight as they all pondered on the same issue.

"Only one day to go," Trudy pointed out with a smile. She came out of the kitchen with a pitcher of orange juice and she set it on the table.

"We know, Trudy. The eclipse is tomorrow," Eddie undethustically said.

"It's pretty much all we've been thinking about," Fabian added, equally unenthusiastic.

"Well, Mr. Sweet will be very pleased to hear that," Trudy responded, oblivious to the frowns around her. "He just wants to make sure that everybody knows what's coming."

Oh, if only Trudy really knew what was coming. The housemother returned into the kitchen, leaving the Sibuna gang alone.

"An ancient evil is what's coming," Patricia pointed out.

"Come on, guys," KT spoke up. "I was sent here to fix this, and we're a day away, and we still have no plan."

"Having no plan is kind of how we roll," River voiced with a shrug, shoving a spoonful of cereal in her mouth.

"There's got to be a way," Eddie countered.

"If we can't do the ceremony ourselves, then we just have to make sure the adults can't do it either," Patricia suggested.

"But I was sent here to stop—" KT began.

"To stop a great evil, yes. So we make sure they can't have the things they need: the bracelet and the descendant. Am I right?"

"Yeah," River agreed. "They can't perform the ceremony with the main pieces, which means no ancient evil."

"But what about Frobisher?" KT asked. "My great-grandfather just stays asleep? Forever?"

"It's better than the whole great evil thing," Patricia informed her.

"And he's supposed to be dead, KT," River piped in. "It'll be best to just leave him like that."

KT shook her head. "I can't give up on him. I want to see him at peace."

KT stood and left the room while her friends watched on with frowns.

. . .

When River entered her room, it was to get her bag and join Noah so the two could walk over to school together. Mara was in the room, packing her belongings in her bag. As River grabbed her bag, she headed for the door, but it pushed open before she could take another step. In entered Willow who wore a sorrowful look as she glanced between River and Mara.