So Hypocritical....

Reagan

“Ummm Rae?” Jewel asked when I got into her car.

“What?” I asked her.

“Who’s that cutie in the backseat of my car?” she asked. Even in my current state of anger I couldn’t help but smirk.

“I’m Sammie.” Sammie introduced, extending his hand for a handshake.

“This is Sammie?” she asked, with a mix of excitement and disbelief. “Tonight is going to be interesting.” 

                With no further questions she drove off toward my apartment. The closer we got to the apartment the more anger seeped into me. When she pulled up to my apartment, all the men in my family were standing near my car. I exited the car and as soon as I saw my daddy, tears started to roll down my face. He ran towards me and pulled me in for a hug.

“Stop the crying, baby girl. Don’t let him see how much he hurt you.” He spoke to me. I nodded my head and pulled out my phone. I showed my dad the picture and he clenched his jaw.

“Aye, Rae. Do you want me to stick around? I could go to my parent’s house.” Sammie suggested. I forgot he was with me.

“Sammie?” my dad asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Hello, Mr. Jackson.” He said. My dad glanced between Sammie and I.

“It’s not what it looks like daddy. Calm down. Let’s go before I lose my nerve.” I said.

“Poppa, Tee-tee, and Sammie. Go up there with Reagan. If that nigga so much as puts a hand on my daughter, beat his ass. Then call me up there to kill him.” My dad instructed them. I knew he meant every word.

                We went upstairs to my apartment. I took a deep breath before I stuck the key into the lock of the apartment.

“Don’t worry, Rae. We’re right behind you.” Tee-tee assured me.

                I nodded my head and turned the key in the lock. The only light on in the apartment was the blinking light on the DVD player. I walked and tripped over a shoe. I picked up the shoe and saw that it was a black pump…a black pump that was not mine. My blood began to boil.

“Turn on the light switch near the door, Poppa.” I said to him. He immediately did what I said.

                When he flipped on those lights, I saw something that I couldn’t believe. On my couch some chick was laying curled up on top of Ricky.

“Damn.” The boys behind me said in unison.