Sprung....

Reagan

“One, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight, turn! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight, lift! One, two- Cut! What is the problem? We have been going over this same routine for the last week and you guys still don’t have it down! This is ridiculous! None of you will ever be good enough to dance professionally! You know what, class dismissed! Go somewhere and practice. If you don’t have the routine down by practice time tomorrow, then your final grade will go down one letter grade!” My dance professor yelled.

                I understand her frustration. We were in the process of preparing for our senior performance and many of us were not ready. A lot of famous choreographers will be in attendance which is why she’s adamant that we get the performance down to the slightest foot flex. For the most part, I had it but, I needed a little refinement. I was super nervous because I really wanted to dance professionally or become a choreographer.

“Aye Rae, do you think we could get together before practice tomorrow and do a run through of the routine” My good friend, Jewel, asked me.

“Of course, girl. We need all the practice we can get. I can’t afford to go down a letter grade.” I said with a chuckle.

“I don’t even know why you’re worried, Rae. You’re the best dancer in the class!” Jewel told me.

                Although that was true, I could never be too sure.

“Yeah, but still. I’m capable of making mistakes too!” I told her.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Anyways I’m about to go catch up with my boo thang. I’ll call you later, girl.” Jewel told me before she exited the dance room.

                I slowly gathered my things and headed out to the parking lot where my car was parked. Hearing Jewel mention her boo thang got me to thinking about my boo. I wasn’t expecting the professor to end class forty minutes early which meant I would be at home alone for a while. I didn’t want to be alone at home so I called my baby once my phone connected to the Bluetooth in my car. He picked up on the first ring, like always.

“Wassup, love?” he greeted, instantly causing butterflies to flutter around in my stomach.

“Hi Schmoopie.” I cooed, calling him by the pet name I gave him.

“What’s up with you? Ain’t you supposed to be in class?” he asked. He didn’t play when it came to my schooling.

“I am but my professor was pissed and ended class early. Can you come home early? I don’t wanna be at home by myself.” I whined and pouted as if he could see me.  Ricky spoiled me so much so talking to him always brought out the baby in me.

“I’m right in the middle of something right now, baby.” He told me.

I was silent because I was feeling some type of way because I couldn’t see my man when I wanted to. He’s been so busy lately trying to open up a new studio and start this line of active wear.

“Reagan?” he asked after a minute of silence.

“Yes.” I answered.

“Are you mad at me?” he asked me.

“No, just disappointed because I want my Schmoopie.” I admitted.

“I’ll be home as soon as I can, baby?” he told me.

“You promise?” I asked.

“I promise. I’ll see you in a little while baby. I love you.” He told me.