Old Flame

Reagan

                Sammie and I stayed up and talking all night. He didn’t openly judge me or try to shoot on Ricky. He really proved to be a listening ear. I felt comfortable talking to Sammie after all these years. He has really matured sense our blow up.

                I smiled when I rolled over and saw him laying at the foot of my bed. Luckily, he didn’t try anything with me last night. Who knows how I would have reacted. I reached over and grabbed my phone off the night stand. Still no missed calls or texts from Ricky. I looked up when I saw Anthony walk into the room.

“Aye, ma. Yo enchiladas was the talk of the party last night. Thanks for cooking for us.” He thanked me.

“It was no problem. Why are you up so early?” I asked him, noticing that he was fully dressed.

“Well I meant to tell you yesterday but I’m headed to Philly until Monday. I have to check on my mom.” He informed me.

“Oh.” I said, realizing that I was gonna be alone for the weekend.

“I see you and Sammie hit it off well.” He said, nodding his head toward Sammie. I giggled at his statement.

“Sammie and I dated when we were fifteen. We’ve known each other forever though.” I revealed to him. The look on his face was priceless.

“It’s a small world. But anyway, let me bounce. I’ll see you Monday.” He said, kissing me on the forehead. I got out the bed and walked Ant to the door.

“Be safe, Ant.” I said to him, as he walked to the taxi.

“I will and don’t ya’ll get freaky all over my house!” he called out through the taxi window.

“Wait, he’s staying here?!” I asked, my heart beat starting to race.

“See you later, Rae.” He said with a grin as the taxi driver drove off.

“What you doing outside?” Sammie asked me, when I walked back into the house and shut the front door.

“I was seeing Ant off. He’s headed to Philly to see his mother.” I informed me.

“Oh, so I guess it’s just you and me this weekend.” He said.

“I guess so…..are you hungry?” I asked him.

“I could eat.” He said. “But I don’t want you to cook. Let’s go out to breakfast.” He suggested.

I contemplated for a second before answering.

“That sounds like a plan. Let me go clean myself up.” I said with a smile before heading upstairs.