47 - Investigation

Mulai dari awal

"Actually, yeah. I think we missed some of their conversation with Hawkmoth because I sure don't remember all that was said," Alya said and skimmed through the video. "The Akuma talks about Hawkmoth on vacation and being off the grid. It was some weird choice of words, so maybe they're hinting to where they're hiding," Alya explained.

"Adrien," Chloé turned to look at him. "You don't know anything about a vacation home, do you?" She asked.

Adrien shook his head. "Just the one we share with Felix and his mom. But...that's countries away," He said.

Marinette sat up straight when she came up with an idea. "So it's probably not that since he has to be nearby to Akumatize people. But if it is off the grid-like the Akuma hinted to, then that explains why Adrien wouldn't know about it. I think we have to go back to Gabriel's office and get on his computer," She said. "Just to check some locked files to see what we can find," Marinette explained. "And we can check to see if the bug Alya had me plant last time caught anything. Maybe they came back to check what was left behind," Marinette said.

"That's a good idea," Alya said. "I'll come with, so I can hack into the computer. Not that I don't think you can do it, Mari, but I can probably do it a lot faster," Alya shrugged.

"Great, we'll go in a few hours. Adrien, do you want to stay here with Nino and Chloé?" Marinette asked.

Adrien shook his head before Marinette could even finish her question. "No, I want to go. Since mom has been...moved...I want to scope out what else was in that basement. We didn't exactly get to check out everything since there were people there to take her," Adrien explained. "But, I do have one question that I can't get off my mind. Why did my father have my mom in a basement?"

Marinette frankly didn't want to know the answer to that question. Her only idea was terrible, and she didn't want to say it. "Maybe he was planning on trying to use our Miraculous to bring her back," She said, but didn't finish her thought.

"I thought to make the wish it would take something away after," Alya chimed in. That was exactly it, but Marinette still didn't want to say it.

"Ah, I don't know if Hawkmoth knows exactly how it works. But we don't have to worry; he won't get our Miraculous, and now Emilie is in safe hands," Marinette defended. It was a good thing they were so strong. She was afraid that if Hawkmoth did get the chance to bring his wife back, they would lose Adrien in exchange.

---

Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Rena Rogue walked in the front of the Agreste Mansion that was still surrounded by police tape. They all headed straight to the office to get to work as quickly as possible, as they wanted to be done before the sunset. Rena Rogue went right to the computer as Ladybug and Chat Noir ventured into the lair, then into the basement garden.

Chat Noir was looking intently at everything as he walked around the garden slowly. Ladybug was following behind him, not entirely sure what they were looking for. "I can't believe he held her down here," Chat Noir said. "I thought we had grieved her and finally come to terms that she was resting in peace, but no. My father ruined that," Chat Noir grumbled. "I miss my mom and wish I could have her back every day, but I know that's not possible, and I've accepted that. My father's a delusional coward," He said, holding back the tears as he looked and the empty spot where Emilie was the night before.

"Adrien," Ladybug put her hand on his shoulder. "Your mother will finally get her peace now, and your father will get what's coming to him. We just have to figure out where he and Nathalie are, and this will all be over," She reminded him.

Chat Noir sighed and pushed Ladybug's hand off of him, turning to face her. "How do we know this will all be over? He's clearly gotten stronger, and he has found ways to get around us. What if something happens?" He asked.

"You can't think like that," Ladybug said. "The five of us work well together; we're a good team. He can't beat us and our friendships. It's going to be one against five, and while your father is driven by greed and selfishness, we are driven by the need to protect and save. That's how I know we will win," Ladybug told him.

Chat Noir didn't respond, he was anxious and worried, and the only thing that he could picture were countless bad outcomes. "I just can't stop thinking of what could go wrong," He admitted.

Ladybug nodded and thought about how to respond. "Well, there is no need to worry. We're going to do this together to get justice. Justice for Paris, for us, and for your mother. And you know I will be right by your side through this whole thing, you don't have to face any of this alone. You don't have to face the fight, the emotions, or your father alone," Ladybug began to ramble on. "I will be right here with you. I love you, Adrien," Ladybug said without thinking, then gasped and covered her mouth in shock. "Sorry. I know you're going through a lot of different emotions right now, and that probably wasn't the best time to blurt that out," She stressed.

"No," Chat Noir said. "I needed that, and I love you. You're right, we're going to be here for each other, and we will get our justice that everyone deserves," Chat Noir agreed. 

The two leaned in for a hug. It was a very emotional day, and it was hard to hold their tears back. Hopefully, Alya found something, so this would all be over soon.

As if on cue, their hug was cut off by Alya's voice. "Guys, I got into the computer. Plus, the bugs got a hit that wasn't just us. Want to check them out?"

"You ready?" Ladybug asked and held out her hand.

"With you, yes," Chat Noir replied and grabbed her hand. They walked together to meet Alya to find what she found.