Chapter 13 Part 1

Moira was making her way home after buying herself a lifelong supply of chocolate. The hormones were taking control again, forcing her to cry half of the time and to want to cry the other half.

She came to a dead halt when seeing a group of people surrounding someone all too familiar. She could tell that they were giggling at something he said, and he was leaning back against the wall, arms crossed loosely over his chest as he listened attentively to something the brunette in front of him said. She was shocked to see him out here on the streets with so many people surrounding him. It took her a minute to realize they were probably fans, his band was quite popular after all. Right, how could she forget.

He bend down to talk to a little girl, making her giggle as he tickled her tummy and said something inaudible. In reply, her tiny hands reached to squeeze his cheek. He feigned shock, his lips sinking into a big 'O' causing the girl to giggle even louder. The sound of it as cute as it could get.

Moira watched in amazement, she knew he liked kids but not that he was actually good with them as well. Ollie seemed to agree as he enthusiastically kicked his mother from inside her belly.

Her breath hitched in her throat when his dark jade eyes met hers, and his dimpled grin paused upon noticing her lone figure, and for some reason, she didn't turn and walk away like she should. She just stood there, staring back at him. It almost felt like one of those moments in the movies; it was something so cliché yet it was something so real.

Turn away! her mind screamed. What are you doing? Don't just stand there - get the hell out of there! But she didn't.

And Harraël mumbled something to the little girl and the rest of his admirers, subtly excusing himself, and her legs felt suddenly numb when he started making his way towards her. She didn't know why she felt suddenly so very nervous the closer he got. She guessed it was because she didn't know what she was going to say to him. What could she say?

"Moira," He broke through her nervous thoughts with a hesitant yet easy-going grin, stopping a good few feet in front of her.

"Hi," She whispered.

He nibbled on the inside of his cheek, his eyes quickly glancing over her. "You look beautiful."

For some reason, she felt her cheeks flush under his compliment. Why? She hadn't got a clue. All she wore for that day was leather leggings, a grey jumper, brogues and a jacket and beanie to keep her warm from the frosty weather - it was nothing too flashy or special. Her massive baby bump didn't make her look any better. Yet Harraël looked at her like she was a prized jewel, his eyes evidently yearning for her. It made her feel warm inside as well as uncomfortable; he'd never looked at her this way. Or she'd never noticed.

"Uhh you look nice, too." She replied quietly. The sound of a busy New York City surrounding them, loud sirens being heard in the distance.

Harraël shoved his hands in his pockets. "Have you had a nice Christmas?"

"Yes, I spent it with my mom, just hanging around, eating, you know the drill." She answered with a nod of her head. God, why did she feel so awkward? The sirens were getting closer to them, she let out a deep sigh and took a step towards Harraël so he could hear her better over the noise. "How about y- "

But he only stepped closer, bending his head and said, "What? Sorry, I couldn't hear you."

"How about you? Did you have a jolly Christmas?" She said louder, craning her neck so she could talk into his ear. She had to stand on her toes a bit due to his tall height.

"I did! Yes!" He pulled away to grin down at her, an actual boyish, genuine smile. A sight she'd missed seeing. "I spent Christmas Eve with the boys and I went over to my mum's place for Boxing day. Lizzy and Bella were there as well."