Chapter 9: Baggage claim

Start from the beginning

"Is that bastard still here?" Marc hissed and stormed into my room.

"Neymar isn't here and I can explain the pictures," I exclaimed and ran after him into my room.

"I was a goddamn fool to trust you. And that fücking ass, I should have known that he can't keep his filthy hands off any girl," Marc spat and kicked one of my bags in anger.

The bag flew across the room and its contents spilled all across the floor.

"What the hell is this?" Marc hissed, holding some items in his hands. "What are Neymar's snapbacks and briefs doing here in your room? How long have you both been doing this behind my back?"

My jaw dropped instantly and I stared at the items in his hands in disbelief.

"I have seen enough. This is disgusting. It's over between you and me. I never want to see you again," Marc said coldly and threw the items in my face. Then he stormed out of my room.

"Marc, listen to me! Please don't do this! It's not like you think. I can explain. Please, I'm begging you, let me explain!" I cried and ran after him, but he was out of our hotel room and slammed the door shut behind him.

I wanted to follow him but Sarah held me back. She wrapped her arms around me and let me break down in her arms.

Sarah put me to bed when I had no more tears left to cry. I tried to sleep but sleep did not come to me. I glanced at the traveling bag and its contents in the far corner of my room. That's when I finally put one and one together. The initials NJR stood for Neymar Jr. and it was Neymar's bag I had mistakenly taken at the airport when we landed in Paris.

This was a scary coincidence. Because of this stupid bag, Marc thought that I had been cheating on him with Neymar. I felt horrible for kissing Neymar back inside that limousine and I had no clue what had gotten over me last night. I did not understand myself anymore. All I knew is that I was a horrible person for hurting Marc. He didn't deserve this.

I fell asleep sometime later with the guilt weighing heavily on my mind.

It was late in the evening when I got up. I grabbed my phone and saw 10 missed calls from Neymar. He was the last person I wanted to talk to right now so I deleted the notifications.

I craved coffee so I went to our kitchen to make myself some. I found Sarah sitting there reading some fashion magazines.

"How are you feeling honey?" she asked with worried eyes.

"Sarah, I think we should continue our trip and go to Germany tomorrow morning."

"What? But what about Marc and Neymar?" she asked with big eyes.

"Marc hates me officially and Neymar is the reason I'm in this mess," I groaned and let out a deep sigh. "I thought I had finally found happiness again but look at me now. I'm miserable and Marc thinks I'm a slüt. It's better to leave."

"If that's what you really want then we will leave tomorrow morning," Sarah said and rubbed my shoulder.

...

I was busy packing some hours later when I heard a knock on our hotel room door. Sarah was in the shower so I had to check who was at the door. I was scared.

"Who is this?" I asked cautiously through the door.

"It's me Neymar. Please open the door, Anna."

"Go away Neymar. I don't want to see you."

"The leaked pictures are not my fault, Anna. I didn't know some damned paps were following us."

"You tricked me into coming with you so this is all your fault. Marc thinks I'm a slüt and he hates me," I said as tears slid down my cheeks.

"Open the door, Anna. Please," he begged.

I opened the door and faced him. He looked at me with a pained expression.

"My heart hurts seeing you like this. Please stop crying," he said and pulled me into his arms.

I didn't want to be comforted by him but I felt too miserable to do anything against it. He held me until I eventually stopped crying and made me sit on the couch.

"Why does Marc hate you?" he then asked.

I took a deep breath and got up from the couch before stepping inside my room.

When I walked out seconds later, Neymar glanced at me with puzzled eyes. I carried the black traveling bag and set it on the table in front of him. I grabbed a random item out of the bag, which was a blue snapback with the initials NJR. He stared at it at first and then he took it from my hands. He examined it and then went through the other items inside the bag. The confusion on his face cleared like he now understood what all of this meant.

 The confusion on his face cleared like he now understood what all of this meant

♦♦♦

Please don't forget to vote and comment!!! ♥

Edited 26/04/2016