The Duel

Lucy wanted to go look for Aslan, even if it meant going by herself. Trumpkin was very against the idea. "Cakes and kettledrums! You are not letting a little girl go into the deepest part of the forest alone!" "It's our only chance." Peter said. "She won't be alone." Susan stood beside Lucy. "Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin protested frustrated. "Nikabrik was my friend too, but he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I." Trufflehunter spoke up. "For Aslan!" Reepicheep the mouse exclaimed. "For Aslan!" One of the bears said with a mouthful of honey. I chuckled at the enthusiasm. "I'm going with you." Trumpkin said to Lucy. It was heartwarming to see how attached he got to her over the course of their time here. "No, we need you here." she said gently. "We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back." said Peter. "If I may." Caspian stood up from where he was sitting. "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer, but as king he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is one in particular that would buy us some time."
I realized what my brother was talking about. "Of course," "What?" Peter asked. "Miraz could duel one of us, and the loser has to surrender. We could stop his reign once and for all." I said. "I'll face Miraz," Caspian volunteered. "No, I will. I want to get him for calling me pathetic." I replied. "No, you both are too important to Narnia. I will face Miraz." Peter volunteered. "Are you sure?" I asked concerned. "We've seen what Miraz can do, and he's a ruthless fighter." Caspian added.  "I'm sure. I will do this for the future of Narnia. Even if it means dying." Peter told us gallantly. I walked up to him and kissed him "I won't let that happen." I realized that I just kissed him right in front of Caspian. Peter realized that too and he turned red. I could feel my face getting hot. Caspian smiled at us "I see you two are fond of each other." "Yes." Peter said. "I love your sister." he added. When he realized what he said, he instantly turned bashful. It was adorable. I smiled "You love me?" "Yes." he smiled lovingly. "I love you too." I said about to kiss him on the cheek, but he turned his head and I kissed him on the lips. "Well, you have my blessing." Caspian approved of us. I hugged him "Thank you." Lucy grinned "So cute!" We laughed. It was nice to have a moment of laughter with the people I love before we had to continue to focus on the battle at hand. I was afraid, because the Telmarines were ruthless and unfeeling when it comes to combat.
Caspian went to go help Susan and Lucy get ready for their journey while Peter, Edmund, and I were preparing a plan for the duel. It was as if we were being escorted to our own deaths.

Time comes for the Duel...

A sea of Telmarine soldiers were marching towards us, they're armor made them look demonic and it was nightmarish. Caspian, Peter, Edmund and I stood stoic as Miraz came up to us. He was wearing gold armor and carrying a double edged sword and shield. Even through his helmet I could tell he was smiling cruelty at us. "You can do this," I whispered to Peter. He squeezed my hand and kissed me on the forehead. Peter walked towards Miraz with his sword and shield. Caspian, Edmund, and I had our weapons at the ready just in case anything went wrong.  "There's still time to surrender." Miraz tempted Peter as they circled each other. "Well feel free." Peter shot back. "How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz sneered twirling his sword in his hand. "Just one!" Peter shut the visor on his helmet and the duel began.