nine

Everyone ended up going back to sleep, but Alessia and I ended up sitting in bed together, talking.

"How do you think he knew you were here?" I asked her.

"No fucking clue." She spoke quietly, a tear slipping down her cheek as she did.

"He's gotta he tracking me through something else or he followed us, I have not a single clue." She spoke, staring to her hands.

"I'm trying to figure out why the front desk gave him a key to the room." I mumbled.

"He has my expired ID in his wallet for when we used to go drink and I'd forget my wallet, he probably used it." She told me quietly.

He had thought this all out way too well.

He was stupid, but he wasn't stupid enough.

"I think you need to tell the police he hits you-" "he hasn't hit me in a long time" she spoke, and I just knew that was a lie.

"Lying isn't going to make any of this better." I whispered to her.

She went silent.

"He could go to jail for more time-" "I have no proof." She whispered back to me.

"You haven't taken any pictures of bruising or anything?" I asked her.

"No, why would I want a constant reminder of that?" She asked me quickly.

I wrapped my arm around her, feeling her rest into my hold.

"We have to get you away from him."