Field Trip (Part 2)

The tour arrived on the high level labs floor and Trisha led them to Dr. Banner's lab. Even though Peter had been in the lab more times then he could keep track of, it never ceased to amazed him. High ceilings, holo-displays, and Avengers tech scattered across every table. Banner was waiting for them at the door.

"Hey Midtown! Look around but don't touch, everything's dangerous!" He said in a creepily cheery tone. He met Peter's eyes. "Oh Peter! Good to see you again! Can you come over here and help me with my new arrow designs for Clint?"

Peter perked up, "Sure Dr. Banner!"

Afterwards, the tour was walking back to the elevators when Trisha stopped suddenly.

"Oh silly me! Weren't you gonna show them your lab Peter?"

Pete cringed but nodded. He was hoping they'd forget about that. He led them to his lab and held up his pass. The tour gasped when the doors slid open. Peter's lab was as big as Bruce Banner's. All of a sudden Peter almost screamed. He left all his Spidey tech out! Flash was the first to notice.

"Woah! Look at all the Spider-Man stuff!"

Pete nodded awakwardly, "Y-yeah I help Spider-Man with his tech." Ned bumped him and mouthed 'nice one'.

His class mulled over Peter's lab for a while. He was talking over with Betty when there was an explosion behind him. He flipped around to see Flash trying to use one of Stark's Iron Man gloves. He looked up. He had hit one of the metal rafters.

"Seriously Flash?"

Without thinking, Peter grabbed a web shooter off a nearby table. He shot a web up to stop the metal chunk of rafter from falling on his classmates. Then he grabbed the glove from Flash and placed it back on its stand.

"You're pretty good with those Peter." Said Betty.

Pete looked nervously at his web shooter on his wrist. "Y-yeah I uhh have to test them a lot and I guess I got used to them."

With that, the class continued their tour. They were on their way back to the elevator when two figures tumbled out of the vent on the ceiling and fell to the floor. Peter moved to the front of the group.

"Mr. Barton, Ms. Romanoff, were you spying on me again?"

One of the figures shot up, the other following suit. It was Clint Barton AKA Hawkeye. The second figure was the red-headed Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow.

Clint looked down sheepishly, "Maaaaybeee."

"Sorry Pete." Said Natasha.

Peter smirked, "We're going up to the training rooms. Race you?"

They both smiled back and Natasha jumped back up into the vent, Clint following.
Peter looked back and smiled back at Trisha and his class, "Come on!" He started off towards the elevators at the end of the hall.

They all loaded into an elevator and Pete told FRIDAY to bring them up to the training rooms. Everyone (but MJ and Ned) shot confused looks his way but Peter didn't seem to notice. He was to busy excitedly looking at the elevator door and bouncing on his heels. The elevator dinged and Pete rushes out, the rest of the tour close behind.

"Oh come ON!" He exclaimed after seeing Natasha and Clint causally sitting on the bench outside one of the training rooms.

"Sorry Pete. Vents are faster." said Clint.
Flash said what was on every one of Pete's classmates' minds'. "What just happened?"

Peter laughed and gestured toward Nat and Clint,"Mr. Barton's got a thing with the vents, being Hawkeye or whatever. Ms. Romanoff just goes with it. Something about Budapest."

Natasha didn't seem to note or care about the tour. She was still focused on Peter. "You want to spar Pete?"

The class looked horrified at the request. Flash smirked thinking Peter was gonna get his ass handed to him by Black Widow.

Pete sighed, "Fine. Only one round though, I'm still on a field trip."

The spiders stepped into the training room. Then they started. With Peter not using his powers, it was a bit on an unfair match up but he still held his ground. It almost looked like dancing. Ned and MJ were cheering on Peter and Clint was rooting for Nat. Everyone else watched in stunned silence. Their nerdy Penis Parker was holding up in a fight with the Black Widow. After about 3 minutes, Nat found her opening and swept Peter's legs. She pinned him and he tapped. They were both laughing when they came out. Ned handed Clint $5.

Trisha shook herself a bit,"Let's continue the tour. I think we're headed back down to the museum, then lunch in the food court."

The museum was pretty cool. Peter had never seen it before so it was fun to look around. Mr. Stark's first arc reactor and Iron Man suit was on display. Captain America's display was a bit smaller since everything happened so long ago. His first shied, the one he used for shows, was on display along with a bunch of photographs of Steve on the day he was injected with the serum and one of him in the army before he became a super soldier that was said to sit on Peggy Carter's desk. There was even a Spider-Man display. It had Pete's first suit, burned badly because of the plane crash, and his first webshooters. Flash beelined for it and Ned, MJ and Peter headed over to Black Widow's to talk.

"I told them not to embarrass me but apparently none of them were listening." Peter huffed to Ned.

"Hey look on the bright side loser. There's no way Flash will be able to say you don't work here." MJ said.

Before Pete could respond, Flash sauntered over.

"Look at Penis Parker. Convinced some of the Avengers to pity him. What a charity case." He snickered.

MJ rolled her eyes, "Apparently I spoke too soon."

"How thick is your skull Thompson. I work here." Peter snapped back.

"Oh you're dead Penis." Flash went to punch him in the face but their peers started filing out. Pete dodged and started walking out, Flash following and shooting weak death glares.

The tour group got to the food court and Trisha led them to their private room where they would be eating their packed lunches.

FRIDAY crackled over the speaker, "Peter, Mr. Rodgers is bringing leftover shawarma down for you. You don't have to order anything."

Pete paled, "Oh! Tell him he doesn't have to!"
"Sorry Peter, he's already arrived on the floor."

oOoH cLiFfHaNgEr