٢٦

My heart swelled in my chest until I thought it would burst.

Emotion clogged my throat as I stared up at him, my gaze memorizing every inch of his face. He opened his mouth to speak, and I darted forward, kissing him, daring to take control. Only the lack of air forced me to pull back, and we both breathed hard for a moment.

His eyes sparked with fervor and the want in his eyes sent a bolt of heat straight through me. With unmistakable clarity, his fingers grasped hold of the straps that held my nightie in place. My belly tightened painfully as he pulled with infinite slowness, slipping one of them off my shoulders. It slithered down my arm and the silky bodice slipped a fraction. A wave of heat washed down my limbs. He smiled, his fingers grazing my collarbones and moving to the other strap, pulling it downward, his lips pressing against my throat as the nightie pooled at my waist. His hands moved over me, cupping and rubbing my breasts, his fingers driving me insane. I stepped back, my cheeks heated and he growled. Laughing lightly, I stepped out of my silk nightgown, kicking it across the floor and pressed my self against him, my gaze entranced by his. He licked his lips, his eyes staring into mine with a sense of wonder and a hint of disbelief. Like he couldn't believe I existed.

I arched up, and this time the kiss was a caress, a mutual exploration, a promise. His lips and embrace were cool, but all I felt was a wealth of warmth. An intense, pulsing ache between my legs twisted my insides. Hips shifting, I pressed my thighs together, but that didn't help. The pressure only made it worse.

Till my hair got caught in his armor.

Shrieking, I let go of his hands to try to get my hair loose. Ali smiled at my efforts, bringing his arms around me, and laughing as I struggled with my hair. "My love." He grinned and started to work my hair-free. "Laila, darling, let me."

He carefully caught up my rescued hair and held it away from the evil mail links as I helped him remove the heavy chain suit and the padding underneath. Finally, he only stood there in his black leather pants, his glorious chest brushing mine, the hard muscles a marked contrast to my softer skin. I pouted and he glanced down, his eyes amused.

I huffed and whispered in his ear. "I need you, now."

The change that sentence elicited was a study in itself. Ali studied me with an expression that was almost fierce, his eyes drilling into mine. I met his gaze head-on, unafraid, and rose onto the tips of my toes. He met me halfway, sweeping his lips over mine, backing us into the steamy pool, the water rippling from our bodies as we waded in, not breaking our kiss. I was on his lap—oh my God— his lips cool against my neck and the warring heat and coldness tightened me everywhere.

"Are you sure Laila?" he growled near my ear, his breath warm on my neck before his lips brushed the sensitive area.  His touch on my body affected me in a way I had never experienced before. He rocked against me and slid his hand over my waist to my hip, kneading, caressing until every inch of my skin, every nerve ending, was tingling and alive.

"We've done this before," I murmured my pleasure as he pulled me farther onto his lap to straddle him.

"It won't be the same," he was right. It wouldn't be. There was no going back from this. He pulled back, his eyes a swirling mess of gold and I ran my fingers along his smooth jawline, his hands settling low on my back.

"No, it won't be," and I brought my mouth to his. His mouth molded into mine as he shoved one hand into my hair, his other arm clamped on my waist. I wasn't just kissed.

I was devoured.

We moved, straining and gasping, the water splashing around us. His teeth caught my bottom lip. A brief sting registered, and he shuddered. Breaking the kiss, he lifted up enough to look down at me. "Tell me you want this." His hips were still churning against mine. "Tell me you need more."