Confessions

Nezuko held onto me tightly and nuzzled her cheek into mine. But I was spacing out. I thought my mind had reached its limit today.  "I need to send a letter to Shinobu." I passed to collect myself and my words. "To tell her we have more information." I finished, standing up. Nezuko Humphed in protest but I paid no mind to it.

Tanjiro watched me as I paced around the room. Looking for a piece of paper. He noticed how I looked at the piece of paper sitting on the desk three times before it registered in my mind that it was indeed a piece of paper. "I will write the letter. Why don't you go to bed?" He suggested.

I looked at him with tired eyes. "I'm not sleepy." My feet took me away from the room and onto the roof. Leaving the group behind. I needed some time alone. Today had me in some sort of haze and I wanted to get in an appropriate mindset before I spoke again.

Tanjiro held his sister's hand as she worried about her friend. She had been asleep this whole day and had no clue what was going on. Nezuko wanted to make sure her friend was okay. But she was far less capable than Tanjiro was. She shoved her brother out of the room with a quick push as if saying 'go make her feel better.' And shut the door behind him.

Zenitsu watched this happen. He walked up to the girl and guided her to the table to play some cards. To distract her from worrying thoughts.

Tanjiro stood outside of their bedroom door with confusion written all over his face. He knew what his sister was saying but he didn't know how to make me feel better. And why him specifically?

He didn't mind the thought of spending some time alone with me. He was excited in fact. But also nervous. His mind hadn't trailed from this morning's conversation at all from their events from today.

'Don't play dumb. I know you like her.' Tanjiro remembered what his yellow-haired friend spoke. He sighed as he took the first step on the stairs toward the roof.

My hair drifted behind my shoulder as the wind blew at it. The cold air kissed my skin. Yes, of course. The fall had come too soon from summer. It was only a month or two after I had met the trio of boys.

I remember Inosuke ranting about the Kamaboko squad and I couldn't help but smile. He could never get names right. Especially Tanjiro's. It wasn't even that hard to say.

"Tanjiro," I spoke out softly. I was saying it as emphasis but I never expected an answer. The boy seemed to be on my mind more often than not. It's like he invaded every thought of mine. 

"Yes?" I jumped up so surprised and fell. Luckily not off the building. But I wished.

"Tanjiro! Oh my gosh, you scared the hell outta me!" I yelled as I forced my face into my hands in embarrassment.

He tilted his head, holding the smallest of smiles on his face. "What's on your mind?" He asked me. His strong arms hoisted me up without me having a say in it. I stumbled in place as I tried to regain my balance

'You' I wanted to say. "What happened today...I've never seen anything quite like that. Thankfully." Is what I said. I held myself in nervousness from the boy and looked away.

The red lights of the district blocked out any stars that would've been seen. Tanjiro hummed and nodded along with my comment.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. The scent of the girl next to him drove him crazy. He wondered if I only had that effect on him and not other people.

The roof fell silent. Every so often we would hear the moans of horny adults passing by. Or aggressive laughing from the local drunks. I hung my head In embarrassment. What was I even doing out here listening to this? Tanjiro's ears were far too innocent to listen to all of these sex-driven people.