Travle

I stood in the room with the boys while Shinobu conducted her final check. It had almost been two weeks since we've been here. After that day of intrusion, nothing much had happened, other than the news Shinobu brought back from the Hashira meeting.

"Listen carefully (Y/n). If you ever find one of those things again, report back immediately. Abandon your mission for the sake of your safety. Nothing like that has ever been heard of, and the Hashiras are conducting further research. I'll get back to you if we find anything." Her grip on my shoulders was tight during that conversation. She wanted to make sure I had my full attention on her.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded in acceptance of my orders.

"Can we go yet? I want to get out of bed." Inosuke complained. Shinobu shushed him as she looked over her check-board. After a while, she smiled and nodded. Inosuke jumped out of bed in a hurry and grabbed his sword. Zenitsu scolded him for being so energetic so early in the morning.

"Don't be too excited yet guys, we don't even have a mission yet." Tanjiro reminded the two. With the word, 'mission' Zenitsu jumped at the thought of having to put himself in danger once more. Inosuke grumbled to himself to hurry up and assign them already.

"I want to take this time when we don't have a mission to go and visit someone." I picked at my nails while speaking, waiting for the boys to be done with their final check up. "Would you guys like to come along?" The three heads look in my direction.

"Who are you visiting?" Zenitsu asked. "Is it a girl?" His eyes sparkled as he approached me from his bed. I could read them like a book. A true intention of love.

I laughed and backed up. "Yes she's a girl. She's my mother." Zenitsu's shoulders slumped over, soon to be sulking in the corner of the room.

"I'll come. When will we be leaving?" Tanjiro asked. His feet landed on the floor as he walked  towards me to discuss the details of our visit.

"As soon as we can. I don't know how much time we'll have until another mission though. So I can't guarantee you'll be able to ask the question you were hoping to." I remembered the moment back when we were arriving at the estate. I had spoken to him about my family's New Years tradition.

"It's better to try than to sit around." His hands latched onto his hip confidently at his own determination. He clenched his fist as if to say 'I will do it!'

I smiled at the boy. "What about you two?" My attention diverted to the sulking boys. "You guys don't want to twiddle your thumbs, do you? We have a training ground there." Inosukes head snapped to my direction.

"I guess I'll go. You need me after all." He pointed to himself and bragged about how awesome he was. I laughed at his ridiculousness.

"She also makes the best sweets. My favorite would have to be imagawayaki. She hand cooks the chocolate herself." This grabbed Zenitsu's attention.

"Oh wow, Look at the time. It's time to leave!" He squealed in excitement. Shinobu came back around the corner and handed me two swords.

"Make sure to train with this (Y/n) you need to get used to your own sword again." Shinobu had said to the boys more than to me.

Aoi had given the informational Shinobu about my mental health on all of this. I hadn't even unsheathed my sword since that day. I've been too scared to.

Nezuko entered the room while I waited for the boys to finish packing. Her head was graced with a beautiful flower crown. She was holding multiple others as well as some cloth that I couldn't get a closer look at.

"Oh, so that's where you were last night Nezuko." I smile as she started handing out her flower crowns.

"My flowers?" Shinobu held the flower crown given to her closely as she studied it. She was smiling, though I could tell she was a little mad. But she couldn't yell at Nezuko. After all, it was a gift. "Th...thank you." She struggled to say.

Her face read sincerity but her eyebrows gave it away.

I laughed a bit and placed the flower crown on my head. After Nezuko had passed all of her out, she looked at me and smiled underneath her muzzle. She ran up to me quickly and started to play with my hair.

Luckily, it had just turned to night. The weather was peaceful and the wind would keep up cool through our warmer travels.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Zenitsu baffled by his gift. He looked at it very carefully. The affection and gratefulness of the gift was evidently shown in his eyes. It looked like he wanted to cry.

I felt Nezuko stop playing with my hair all of a sudden. I turned my head around to see what was up, but she had already jumped up from her sitting position. The cloth in her hands soon went onto Tanjiro's.

He unfolded his haori. It looked brand new. "She must've washed it for you," I mentioned. I crossed my legs and leaned forward a bit. "You must be excited to get going then, Nezuko?"

Her head nodded profusely as she entered her box. It seemed she was ready to go.

Tanjiro put his haori on and hoisted up Nezuko's box onto his back with ease. "Ready to go?" He asked. The three of us nodded our heads in unison as we grabbed our bags. Before I knew it, we were at the entrance waving goodbye to all of the girls. Sadly, Kanao had not come back from her mission.

"Well come back sooner or later. Don't miss us too much!" I laughed and waved.

"Please don't come back..." I heard Aoi say. I winced a bit at the sting of her sentence but laughed it off anyway. My mother's estate wasn't too far from here. Only about a five hour walk.

Tanjiro and Zenitsu were talking about childhood pets. But Inosuke stayed quiet.
__________________________________
Original release date: May 20 2020