Season 2- Escape alive

After hours of looking around, we all huddled back into an inn that was close to the entrance of the town. We had traveled a long way to be there and now that we finally got to rest, we didn't know what to do with our time.

"Please take care of her." Tanjiro said as he handed over a sleeping Nezuko's box to me. She had been sleeping for a little less than a week and it was starting to worry me.

"Do you know when she'll wake up?" I asked him.

Tanjiro looked between his sisters box and myself before scratching the back of his head with a sigh. "No I don't. I never liked waiting for her to wake up but this is how she gains her strength, since she refuses to eat humans."

I couldn't help but smile at Tanjiro's words. "It's really inspiring to hear that. She's sane and all and is a demon, but refuses to eat. Where does all of her nutrients come from? Water? Do they hate water?" I had never been so interested in demons before. But I wanted to be closer to Nezuko since she was my lover's sister.

"Ah, no! They can drink water. But they don't like it that's for sure." His eye's lit up at my questions. It was like he was eager to answer them.

It was silence after that. We both were to shy to break it, and so to occupy our time we looked at the floor. It had been maybe fifteen seconds before I said anything. "I will make sure your sister is comfortable tonight. Will you come get me if something's going on?"

"Yeah no problem. I can do that. And you'd do the same for me right?"

"Of course." I gave the burgundy boy a tired closed eyed smile before I left him in the hallway to enter my room. We had split up the rooms. There were two people per room

. Since there were seven of us, Inosuke got his own room because he was the loudest snorer. Tanjiro shared his room with Zenitsu. Nezuko shared with me and Shinobu was with Kanao. It bugged me a little when Aoi hadn't went on the missions with us, but I remembered she was mostly apart of the clean-up crew.

I had entered my room with a tired sigh and got Nezuko out of her box and into her bed before I plopped down on my own. With that, I was out like a light.

                                          🌸

A few hours later, I woke up to a sad piano piece playing somewhere in the inn. I was about to go downstairs to tell the artist to stop playing or at least quiet down when I realized something. The inn didn't have a piano. Was it a recorder then?

I had looked over at the sleeping girl to ensure that she was indeed still sleeping before my feet lead me into the hallway of the inn. I knew Tanjiro told me to get him if something happened but this was just simple music. I could handle it on my own.

I followed the sound to the lobby of the inn on the first floor and there it was with all its glory. I couldn't see who was playing the piano due to the top of it being open and preventing me from seeing further. So I walked around a few chairs and tables to be able to see them.

The keys on the piano were being pressed by no one. It was like they were programmed to play alone by themselves, but there were errors in the music being played. The only logical conclusion I came up with was that I was too tired and I had to go back to bed.

Unfortunately, I had left my sword upstairs and I glanced between the entryway to the hallway where Tanjiro and Zenitu slept, and the invisible person's piano. Just as I took my first step in the direction of the boy's room the piano stopped playing. I squealed in surprise and shuffled my back to the nearest wall so I didn't have to observe the surroundings behind me.

I kept my ears sharp and breathed out slowly so that I could hear anything. A child giggling and singing rung around the room and chills went up my spine. I was in the worst situation possible.

This was a code red. As soon as I saw my chance, I made a break for it towards the hallways where the boys were sleeping. I was almost there but a wall was put up which blocked me from entering. Not even a door lay there for me to open.

The child's giggling ceased. "Ah, ah, ah. That's cheating. You're playing my game now, aren't you? Oh wait! You're not my next meal, you're that girl from last time! You know, the one where I broke my neck? Yup!"

my eyebrows furrowed at what he said. Then I remember the scene where the so-called entity used the ropes they broke free of from their hands to break their necks. "You were one of them? Did you go as low to eat the soul of a child?" I almost gagged.

"Of course! The children's souls are always fresh. Let me get you in on a little secret." he began to giggle again and then it was like he was whispering right into my left ear. "We gain a little bit of a new personality each time! That's great isn't it? It's like we are living new lives with each feast. Trying new things everyday!" It was like he was on drugs. But if what he said was true, he was on a sugar rush as a child.

My back remained pressed against the wall and I took a deep breath. "What are the rules to this game?" if I pretend to play along, I could find a way to use his words against him.

"Oh! That's simple."

-

-

-

"Escape alive!"
________________________________
Original release date: December 28, 2020
Happy after merry Christmas! ❤️