Season 2- Gone

My sword clashed against the opposite persons and they flipped away. I took the opportunity to run. I wasn't doing anything more than getting groceries this evening, I was not expecting to get ambushed on my way back to the inn.

I grit my teeth as I noticed the person was following me. Who even was this? The groceries were long gone, dropped by yours truly. I had just finished paying for them at the stall when the cover above got jumped on and a sword was pointing at my face.

I held my hands up above my head to mark my so-called surrender when the person got behind me to put their sword against my throat. The poor lady at the stall was mortified. A constant scream came from her mouth as if it would make the situation at hand any better than it currently was.

The person was covered in scarves and knew talking wouldn't get them anywhere when it came to what they had to do. Their hand had pushed against my back to have me start moving but I took the opportunity to grab their hand and used their leaning body weight to flip them over my shoulder. A classic wrestling move.

That was where I was at right now. Running away. Because I knew that besides my training in hand-to-hand combat, I was weaker when dealing with those who had swords.

I had been working on my swordsmanship with Zenitsu, but I even bested Inoske a few times when it came to hand to hand.

The Ninja-like person lunged forward, their sword drawn for a strike, only to get repelled by my own sword once more.

Running into more free space, civilians watched as I stopped running suddenly and turned around. The dirt beneath my shoes rose into the air like dust as I slid against it, repelling yet another strike from the sword.

Instead of pushing away, I had my sword guide the other one forward, making the person lose their balance. I took their wrist to squeeze it, them instantly dropping the sword because of a weekend pressure point.

They went in for a punch, but I had used my other hand to Perry and got behind them, twisting their arm behind their back to get them into a difficult stance, and then locked their elbow.

"Who are you?" I said calmly, A bead of sweat trickling down the side of my face.

They said nothing, I could feel the stares and hear the murmurs of the people around us, but it seemed as if they didn't know the situation.

Their strength was no joke, but I had them officially stuck in a stance that most definitely hurt.
"This situation can't be any better for you than it is for me-" I began to say.

Shit. There was another one

My vision went blurry as I held my neck and staggered, letting go of the person's arm. Someone had hit the pressure point on the neck.

"You're funny if you thought that you could handle that yourself." The man from behind me said. He removed his gloves before tipping me over with a punch to the gut. He dusted his hands

"Yeah? Well, fuck you." The other man had removed the scarves from around his head when he went to rub at his arm. "Damn." I heard him whisper to himself.

The man who punched me laughed loudly. His eyes landed on mine before I officially passed out. "I can definitely see how they're related now." 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

3rd person POV

Tanjiro was pacing back and forth. Much like his girlfriend had done when she was anxious. Why hadn't she come back yet? Zenistu and Inosuke had gone out to eat by themselves since (Y/n) was taking too long with the groceries for dinner. It was already night and he had originally thought that she had been caught in a long conversation.

The trip would take under two hours, even with the long conversation. Not five.

And with that thought, he got even more nervous. He knew she was capable of herself, but she had rejected him coming with her and only smiled at him when she walked through the door saying, " It's ok Tanjiro. I want dinner to be a surprise. I'm cooking!" And then she took off.

Nezuko was on the bed, swinging her legs up and down while she watched as her brother paced back and forth. Bringing his hand up to his mouth in anxiety. First, he looked out the window, and then to the door, and then out the window, and so on. 

She herself was worried for her friend of course, but she was getting fed up with her brother. Not being scared to stand up suddenly to grab her brother's face to headbutt him. The both of them stood in shock. Tears were suddenly brought to the demon's eyes as she whimpered in pain.

Tanjiro bit his lip trying not to laugh, but apologized. "I'm sorry Nezuko, but if you didn't want it to hurt, then why did you do it?" He took her hand in his and smiled softly at her.

Nezuko hummed and shook her head, pointing at the door, while using her strength to drag her brother out to look for (Y/n).

Upon their immediate arrival to the market, he was overwhelmed with her scent.  "Nezuko! This way!" He told his sister as they began running through the street crowds.
He could feel everything going on around him as his heartbeat quickened in anticipation. He could feel the cold wind of the new year rushing through his hair. And he could feel the floor thud with each passing footstep.

His breath got caught in his throat as he saw what he had been smelling all along.

Nezuko hummed in worry

"Why..." He bent down and held the object close to his heart while tears streamed down his face.

"Why is her Haori on the floor when she's nowhere to be seen?"

_______________________________
Original release date: February 13th, 2022