Chapter 14

Calum's POV
Luke said" Hey, Cal, phone." I caught my phone as he threw it, I answered it,
I said" Hi, this is Calum Hood."
A woman said" Hi, Mr. Hood, your son, JJ, puked at the water park. I think he wants to go home, he didn't look well."
" What water park?"
" Adventure Land."
" Got it." I hung up, I grabbed my stuff,
Mikey asked" What happened?"
" JJ puked, I'm going to get him, I'll be back in a few."
" All right." I grabbed my keys and ran out quickly, hopefully JJ's not alone or scared.

Once I got to the water park, Melody met me at the entrance,
She said" He's in the changing area with Juni, JJ and him seemed to have hit it off nicely." I followed her, we got to the changing area, I went in,
I heard a kid say" All right, favorite movie? Rio? I haven't seen that movie in a while." I knocked on one of the lockers, JJ looked at me, he ran to me, hugging me. I laughed,
I said" You okay, kiddo?" He flinched, I knew his stomach was still hurting him." Say bye to your friend, and we'll head out." He nodded, walking back over to Juni, he wrote something on his iPad. Then he walked over to me, we walked out," You have fun, before you got sick?" He wrote, Yeah, it was kinda fun." Kinda? Come on, you made a friend, that's your age! That's amazing!" Stop it!, he walked ahead of me, I followed behind him, we got to the car and got in.

JJ's POV
I was playing a game on my phone as they continued to work, Mikey sat next to me,
He said" So, Cal told us about your new friend! I'm so proud of you!" He pinched my face, I bit his hand," Ow! Bitch." I wrote, Asshole." Haha, funny. So, tell me about your friend, I need to know everything." You don't need to know anything." Yeah, I do. I'm your uncle, your crazy uncle. So, I need to know who I'll have to hurt if they hurt you." You're an idiot. He laughed again," All right, fine, give me a name." Juni. I blushed, looking at him," Aww, you're blushing! Does our little JJ have a little crush?!"
Ash said" Come on, guys!" I got up, scurrying off to hide from Mikey, as quickly as possible.

Once we got home, I walked to my room and laid down, Calum came in soon after.
He said" You okay?" I nodded my head," Okay." He sat down on the bed, looking at me, I wrote, Yeah, I'm okay. I feel better." Wanna come hang out with me and the guys?" I shrugged, sitting up," Come on, loser."
We walked into the living room,
Mikey said" So, did he tell you about his little crush?" I tackled him, he laughed and held my shoulders, smiling at me.
Calum said" What?" I tried to cover Mikey's mouth,
" The way he blushes when he writes Juni's name." I blushed," And when you say his name."
" That true, JJ? Do you have a crush on Juni?" I ran to my bedroom, sliding into the wall, I fell, and slid up against the wall and to the corner.

After a few minutes, someone knocked on my door then came in, I saw Calum.
He said" You okay, JJ?" I pulled my hood up, covering my face, he sighed then sat down." I'm sorry if I triggered something, I'm sorry." He scooted closer to me," Can you at least tell me what I said?" He slid my iPad to me, I grabbed it, I wrote I'm sorry, I don't wanna be sent away.
" Why would I send you away, JJ?" I glanced up, I don't know if I like girls all the way." You think I'd send you away because you might not like girls all the way? JJ, I accept you, whoever you may be. You're only 14, you've got time to figure these things out. It's okay to like girls and to like boys." When my stepdad found out, he beat me for a few hours.
" JJ, I'd never beat you. Do you understand me?" I nodded my head,
" I know it's hard, okay? I understand what you went through for years takes a toll, but you've just gotta trust me. I'd never hurt you."
I mumbled" I-I... I-I-I tru-trust-trust yo-you." I smiled, he hugged me, I wrapped my arms around him, then started coughing.
" Come on, celebratory ice cream is definitely in need." I smiled, nodding my head," And do you have a crush on Juni?" I shrugged, He was nice to me, didn't ask about my scars or why I didn't talk and he defended me when someone asked about it." Cool, kiddo, guess you made a best friend."
We walked out of my room, going to the kitchen, he grabbed ice cream and put some into a bowl. He gave it to me, I began eating, I smiled, sitting on the counter.
I heard Luke say" What're you two celebrating?" He walked to me, ruffling my hair, I pushed his side with my feet.
Calum said" He said he trusted me. Talkings a big deal."
" Good job, smaller Cal."
" Hey!"
" It's true, he's nearly an exact copy." I shook my head," Whatever, dorks." He sat next to me, I pulled my knees up, and went back to eating, I yawned, putting down the empty bowl. I rubbed my eyes, sliding off the counter, I wrote, I'm sleepy, I'm going to bed.
" Okay, I'll wake you up later." I nodded my head, walking to my room again, and laying down. I put my headphones in, closing my eyes, just fall asleep, easy as that... I tapped my foot to the beat of the music, trying to zone out. I yawned, then everything faded away as I finally fell asleep.