Chapter 11

I was upside on the couch, watching Mikey and Luke play the racing game again. I zipped up my hoodie, my body was on overload, I can't stop shaking.

I could feel the bandage itch at my skin, I squirmed a little then went to scratch it

Luke said" Don't do it, JJ." I huffed, looking at him, they were both looking at me,
Mikey said" It'll make it itch more, and possibly hurt you more." I crossed my arms, flinching," Just sit there and watch us play, Cal will be back any minute with something to help with the itching."
There was a knock at the door,
Luke said" JJ, go open the door for Cal." I flipped, walking over to the front door, I opened it and saw strangers. I yelped then ran back to Luke and Mikey, I hid behind Mikey, grabbing onto his shirt. Luke got up and walked to the door, I breathed heavily,
Mikey said" It's okay, it's okay, hey, focus on my voice. It's okay, JJ, you're safe. You're safe. Safe." I blinked a few times, my body was tense, I hate this stupid feeling! I nodded my head quickly." Better?" I nodded my head again, slowly,
I heard Luke say" Yeah, that's Calum's kid. And there's Cal, hey, JJ needs you, living room."
I heard Calum say" JJ, kiddo." I walked to him, flopping my head onto his chest," Are you okay?" I nodded my head," They're our friends, completely harmless." I grabbed my iPad, They say that about most dogs, but all dogs can harm you if you apply the right heat." JJ." Sorry." No, nothing to be sorry about, it's okay, remember? I'm not letting anything happen to you." I followed Calum back to the two strangers," Hey, guys! This is JJ, my son. JJ, this is Alex and Jack." I waved at them, my stomach growled, I flinched then ran to the kitchen. I opened the cabinet but no cheez its, I gulped, then checked the other cabinets, no, no, no... I whimpered, looking again, repeating the same cabinets.
My hands were grabbed, I tensed up and saw Ash,
He said" Cal, kitchen."  Calum walked in, I blinked a few times, Calum grabbed my hands, looking at me. Ash walked away,
Calum said" Hey, kiddo, why don't you go lay on the couch and listen to some music, okay?" I looked around, all the cabinets were open, I breathed heavily, then stopped breathing at all." Hey, hey, breathe." I started breathing heavily again," It's all the anxiety, okay? You're okay, you're safe, I'm right here, not gonna let anything happen to you." I nodded my head, walking to the living room, I laid on the couch, listening to music instantly.

I was shaking, it was late, I squeezed my eyes shut, then breathed heavily, covering my ears. I started crying, the cuts were itching so bad, I whimpered loudly. I tossed around, trying to find comfort, I got up, walking to Calum's door, I knocked, then walked in, I kept my face down.
I heard Calum say" JJ? Hey, kiddo, what's wrong?" I heard him get up then he was in front of me, I wrote quickly, I can't sleep. They itch so bad, I wanna scratch them.
" Were you crying?" He wiped my cheeks gently, looking at me, I nodded my head, he sighed," Why didn't you come in here sooner, dude? Come on, you can lay with me." He led me back to his bed, I laid down, he laid on the other side." You know you can come in here whenever you wanna feel safe, JJ, it's safe." My eyes closed, my heartbeat slowed down," Stop waiting until you're about to break down to come in here, okay?" I nodded my head," Get some sleep." I felt him kiss the back of my head, then turn over, I drifted off quickly.

I woke up to Calum,
He whispered" Will you guys shut up? He's barely getting enough sleep as it is, he needs rest."
Mikey whispered" Well, I'm sorry your son is adorable when he sleeps." I squirmed, trying to fall back to sleep but my body just wouldn't let me fall back to sleep. I sat up, rubbing my eyes," Hey, sleepyhead." I rolled my eyes,
Luke said" God, he is like you."
Calum said" You guys are just jealous." I threw a pillow at them, they laughed,
Mikey said" Threatening us with a pillow, that's low, Identical Hood." He lifted me over his shoulder, I huffed, then looked at Calum for help.
" I'm coming, JJ." He got up, pulling me from Mikey's shoulder, he dropped me onto the bed. I yawned, pulling a pillow over my head, I heard them laugh. I raised up my middle finger, they laughed more, I whined and rolled back over. I sighed, sitting up again, I got up and walked out, back to my room.

I laid back down, curling into my pillow, my door was opened,
I heard Calum say" Hey, kiddo. Come lay in the living room with us, okay?" I nodded my head, grabbing my earbuds, ipad and phone, following him into the living room. I sat my stuff down then ran back into my room for my pillow, I ran back into the living room. They were on their phones, I laid down, listening to music,
I heard Luke say" Jack and Alex want to hang out, go around the city. Who's up for it?"
Mikey and Ash said" Cool."
Calum said" JJ, wanna go? Is he asleep?" I felt someone poke my shoulder, I blinked a few times, breathing deeply." Wanna go hang out with Jack and Alex today, kiddo?" I nodded my head," Positive?" I nodded my head again," Okay. When do they wanna meet up?"
Luke said" In about two hours, gives us enough time to get ready."
" Alright." Calum was looking at me, I buried my face into my pillow to avoid his stare. I just gotta make it through a few hours, no big deal... I think I can do that.