Chapter 9

Calum's POV
It's been a few days since the whole school accident, and JJ just isn't himself right now. He hasn't left his room, and no matter what I say he doesn't believe me.
I knocked on his door, opening it, he was staring at his iPad screen,
I said" JJ, want some pizza?" He shook his head," Come on, kiddo, you've gotta eat, it's not healthy for you not to eat." He shook his head, I sighed," What about gummy worms?" He shook his head again," Chocolate bar?" He shook his head again, I sighed, and ran my hand through my hair. He really needs to eat, I walked out, closing the door, I walked to the living room, pacing.
Luke said" Still not wanting to eat?" I shook my head," Cal, maybe you just need to make him eat."
" He won't respond to that, Luke, he... I don't know what to do, it's like... he's just gone."
" Calum, he's a kid, he's scared and doesn't know how to respond to the emotions he's feeling."
" Well, I-I... I don't know how to raise a teenager, and what if I fucked up? JJ's been through enough, I don't wanna fuck him up even more."
" Calum, you're not gonna fuck him up. He needs you."
" I don't know what to do, Luke, he's-he's scared and I don't know how to help him."
" Maybe just help him. Just be there. When he's ready, he'll come to you."
" Yeah, yeah..." I sighed, nodding my head, I stopped pacing, sitting next to him.

JJ walked up to me, he laid on the couch, his head landing on my side, he sighed.
I said" Hey, dude." Hi." Are you okay?" I wanted to hurt myself, so I came to you," Okay." I didn't have to say anything, his stomach growled, he flinched and wrapped his arms around his stomach." Want some food?" He nodded," Cheez-it?" He nodded again, Luke grabbed the box of crackers and gave it to me, I gave it to JJ, he began eating. I sighed, he's starting to believe my words, everything I've been telling him, I'm happy for him.

It's been a few hours, JJ's watching Rio on the tv, Luke was strumming one of my guitars. Someone opened my door,
Mikey yelled" Honey, we're home!" JJ wrote, Weirdo, then put it on speak mode, Mikey pouted," Loser." JJ shook his head,
I said" Okay, children..." Major Weirdo!,
" Totally right, kid."
" Okay... double teamed, nice, very mature, Mikey."
" Yeah." He jumped onto the couch next to me, I want cake, JJ showed me, I laughed.
" And you called me a major weirdo, what kind of cake?" I don't know, cake cake." Chocolate? Funfetti? Vanilla? Yellow?" Chocolate funfetti!," What kind of cake is that?" You'll see! Can we go to the store?," Uh, yeah, yeah, let's go, even though I'm kinda scared and really confused." He ran to his room, coming back out, hopping on one foot, putting his shoes on.

We got to the store, JJ started getting ingredients, for whatever Chocolate funfetti is.
Mikey said" We should have ice cream too, for sure!" I sighed, smiling at him, JJ nodded his head quickly, I smiled wider, JJ was enjoying this, at least, that's amazing." And we should totally order pizza!"
Ash said" You want pizza for dinner, don't you?"
" Obviously!" JJ wrote, Hurry up!, He put it on speak mode,
I said" Coming, coming." I smirked as I bumped him with the cart, he pouted and stuck out his tongue." Get your stuff, JJ, goofball." He smiled, I froze, he smiled, like full on smiled, he turned around and began grabbing things again. The guys were all looking at me,
Luke said" Earth to Calum, earth to Calum, do you copy? Do you copy, Cal-Pal?"
" He smiled, no hiding, no nothing, just smiled."
" Yeah, he did. Now back to the earth before your face freezes that way."
" Mm-hmm, yeah, yeah." I snapped out of it, So slow!,
" JJ, if you write one more thing about us being slow, I'm tickling you to death!" Fine, tortoises!," Cal, permission to tickle your kid to death?" NO!,
" You asked for it, JJ. Permission granted." Luke walked to him and started tickling him, he started whining and squirming. After a few minutes, Luke stopped, JJ pouted at me, I'll get my revenge! If it's the last thing I do!,
Ash said" Now who sounds like the old ones?" Shut up!, Ash laughed at him and walked away, JJ pouted, then continued getting stuff.
" Sorry, JJ." He stuck his tongue out at me, I rolled my eyes, sticking out my tongue at him.
——
JJ was decorating the cake, I smiled as he messily added more sprinkles, he saw me and ducked behind the counter.
I said" What're you doing?" He peeked back out, then stood up again, he shrugged," Okay, how many sprinkles have you ate?" A whole container? Maybe?," Okay, you're cut-off, kiddo." I took the remaining sprinkles, No! My life source!, I laughed," You're gonna crash hard tonight, aren't you?" Probably! But for now, we eat cake!," Such a dork." He nodded his head, the guys came in,
Mikey said" What the hell kind of monster cake did you create?" It's Chocolate cake mix, with a lot of rainbow sprinkles, vanilla and chocolate icing, with a lot... a lot lot... lot of sprinkles!,
Luke said" How many sprinkles have you had?" A whole container, maybe, why're you asking that?,
" Because, kid, you're literally vibrating, like actually..."
Ash said" And I don't think you even notice." I don't," Good to know, Cal, did you cut him off?"
I said" Obviously, he's gonna crash hard tonight."
" Yeah, he is." Try a piece!
" Okay, okay." I grabbed a knife, cutting off slices, we all began eating, JJ was watching us." Amazing."
Mikey, Ash, and Luke said" I second that." JJ smiled, I smiled and the boys awe'd,
Mikey said" Even has the same smile! So cute!" JJ whined at the attention and duked under the counter, I sighed,
I said" All right, he's done commenting." JJ stood back up, he still doesn't like all the attention, but he's getting used to it.
" No, I'm not. Just look at them! Almost identical! JJ's way better looking though!" JJ squeaked, hiding behind me, digging his face into my back, I smiled, laughing." Okay, now I'm done." So not cool, Mikey!,
" I know, but it's fun."
" Mikey, stop being mean to him, he made us cake."
" Fine, fine, I won't be mean to him for like the next hour." JJ peeked out, looking at him," Swear it?," Pinky promise." Okay.

JJ was trying to watch whatever Mikey was playing, but he was struggling to keep his eyes open. I sighed, pulling him down to lay his head on the couch. His eyes fluttered shut, and after a few seconds, I could hear his soft snores.
Luke whispered" And he crash landed, chaotically."
I whispered" Just help me get him to his room." Ash and Mikey helped me get him into my arms without disturbing him too much. I stood up, walking to his room, Luke opened the door and I walked in. I laid him down, pulling the duvet over him, and making sure his pillow was under his head. He rolled over, digging his face into the pillow, I smiled, kissing the back of his head before walking out, leaving the door cracked.