•Twenty Three•

Start from the beginning

"I have hair!" She squealed out, bringing her forearm close. War noticed the dark brown hair thickening on her skin and chuckled. She really was acting as if she were a pup again.

"You do," he agreed as she immediately bunched up her long dress to look at her legs. He looked away, trying to focus on something more important.

"Can I shift? Can we go to the forest?" She questioned him as he could feel her body heat coming closer to him.

War wanted to get some information to Reese before he and Pomelia did anything else today. He would give her Butter so that she could get used to him, then maybe a little later he would help her try to do her first shift. He also wanted to point something out to her too.

"In a little while," he explained to her as he texted Nick, telling him to bring Butter to the door. "When we do practice," he told her, watching her listen intently, "wear a dress you don't mind ripping."

She gasped, as she kept sliding her hand over her hairy arm. Her fascination was just adorable. "I do mind ripping all of them..You got me all these beautiful colorful ones and the ones from the compound are really soft and comfy."

War gave her a regretful look. "Your body is shifting...your clothes will rip."

Pom seemed conflicted. "Oh. Well that's not fun."

"It's painful too. Do you want to do this...today?" He didn't want to rain on her parade but it was the truth. War had shifted so many times he lost count so the uncomfortable feeling was just second nature. Pomelia wasn't good with pain. At all.

She nodded her head enthusiastically, her hand going out to his. "Yes...I want to be closer to you, War. We're mates and I know sometimes we can't express everything we want to express with words, and I think our wolves will help bring us closer."

Pomelia was blushing now, a shy look to her as he gripped her hand tighter. Why was she like this? It would be so easy to tell her no if she wasn't staring at him like he was the best person in the world. Which he wasn't...

"Tomorrow morning I'll teach you," he caved, watching her face light up with joy. Why was it so fucking hard to tell her no? This was a problem
he had to fix soon. How was he going to do it? He had no idea...

Just as he was about to mention more things about shifting, he could smell Nick approaching the door and a soft knock. "Oh...who is that? I smell them," Pomelia gushed happily. He was so thankful that everything had turned out okay...he didn't really know what to do with himself. Who should he be thanking? He still wasn't convinced that the moon goddess was in fact real...

"Pomelia close your eyes," he told her as he opened the door slightly. Nick was their smiling gently smoothing over Butter's fur with his finger. "Are your eyes closed?"

War could hear her laugh, and glanced back to see her with her eyes closed and smiling. "What is it? You said I can open them?"

"No!" He warned her sternly, watching her jump and cover her eyes.

"I was joking, War!"

He growled, snatching the fluffy little thing from Nick and then shutting the door quickly. He turned around, with Butter in hand, watching his mate sit patiently. She was smiling and her nose lifted up in the air to sniff. It winkled and then she tried to smell again. "What is it, War?"

He placed Butter down in her lap, the small kitten rolling around in the hammock that her dress was making for it. "Open your eyes."

Pomelia's hands went to Butter before her eyes did. Letting loose a loud shrill, she gently picked up Butter who was pawing at his mate gently.