Ch. 2: The Orphanage

This is what he looks like now, and I'll try to draw the hero costume for you guys later, but I might not . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------

No One's POV

"So, your name is Izuku Midoriya?" The detective asked the greenette in front of him.

"Yes," the so-called greenette said.

"Your mother is Inko Midoriya, and you don't know your father or what happened to him?" The detective asked another question.

"Yeah" the greenette responded looking down.

"Age 12, birthday July 15, and sex male?"

"Yeah" Midoriya responded.

"Ok, so can you describe what happened and what you saw for me Midoriya" detective Tsukiauchi.

"Ok, w-well um, I just got home, and I found m-my mom on the ground d-dead. . ." Midoriya says sadly.

"Ok, and do you know what the black smoke and shadows were?" The detective asked Midoriya.

The greenette didn't answer at first but did eventually. With a shaky voice, he spoke. "Ac-actually that m-might have been m-me. . ."

"O-oh, I see," the detective said a bit surprised.

"Well, I'll be going now. You can just sit here for a bit if that's fine with you" the detective said before leaving the kid alone in the room.

Izuku's POV

"Well, I'll be going now. You can just sit here for a bit if that's fine with you" the detective said before leaving me alone in the room.

I look down and let out a sigh.

'Today really is the worst, isn't it?' I think to myself as something wet slides down my cheek and drips onto my shirt making a water stain.

I bring my hands to my face and feel my tears, and soon wipe them away. I wait for the detective to come back but while I wait, I think about my so-called quirk. What had actually happened? Was my quirk related to the shadows or something? I was going to have to look into this later. I was deep in thought as I didn't realize someone enters the room until they said my name.

"Midoriya"

"U-um Yes?" I say with a stutter.

"I'm sorry to say this, but we have to send you to an orphanage" the detective starts. "We don't know where your father is and all of your family members are dead".

If anything, I was shocked. I had to go to an orphanage. Why? Just why is this happening to me? Why me of all people.

"Anyway, well drive you to your house soon so that you can get your stuff then leave to the *********** orphanage nearby." He said to me.

He soon led me outside then to the car. We soon left the police station and Not long after arrived at my house. We both exited and went to my room. I got some of my clothes, some pictures of me and my mom and some of Kachaan, and some things that she had given to me. Then, we left for the orphanage.

~At the orphanage~

We had just pulled up into the orphanage, and it looked like your typical creepy and haunted orphanage from the movies, you know what I mean?

Anyways, we walked out of the car and into the building. There, we were greeted by the orphanage owner, Ms. Herth. She showed me where I would be staying and introduced me to some of the other kids who were my age. The detective then left and I started to unpack my stuff.

~Timeskip~ 1 year later, summertime

I was sitting on my bed which was really more like a couple of sheets, another sheet as the blanket, and more sheets as the pillow when everyone was called to come to the front.

This was the process of where some people who wanted to adopt came by to see us, and if they wanted us.

I got up from my bed and walked to the front. I was wearing some black ripped jeans, and a grey hoodie, simple. By the time I was there, they were already there. I stood in line and instantly, all the other kids moved a bit farther from me. You see, ever since I got my quirk, I studied it and trained it. It's called "Shadow Control" and it was considered a villainous quirk. I could basically manipulate the shadows of anything. I could manipulate the shadows of a person and control them, make weapons or shields of shadows and I heal faster in the shadows. The only weakness is light, but I found a way around the weakness. In my hero costume, I had long black wings, which allowed me to fly and I could control it at my will. I could protect myself and have the shadows with me so that I could always fight.

At the orphanage, people would always keep their distance from me since they thought I would attack them. At school, people would still bully me because I was considered a freak for being 'emotionless', or so they thought.

My name is Izuku Midoriya, I'm currently 14 years old and my quirk is Shadow Control. People think I'm emotionless because of my poker face and not caring for anything, but that's not entirely true. I show my emotions through my music, on my YouTube account, and I am known as Izoriya, the famous YouTube singer known worldwide. No one knows about this except for myself and I plan to keep it that way. I have my secrets and so does everyone else, so there really is no difference. My dream is still to be a hero and I will do everything that I can to make that dream come true, emotionless or not, this is me and I love myself for who I am.