He was  back in less than 3 minutes and took my hand once again as he led me across the street. 

"Where are you taking me?" I giggled as we ran across the street. 

"We can sit here," he said, laying out a blanket he had brought on the grass under a tree. It was nice that our living area was directly across from a grassy park. I looked around and noticed that a lot of the kids from the camp were hanging out in the area. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Yeah so you move your hand back and forth, up and down the strings," I instructed, placing his fingers on the right chords. 

"Like this?" he asked, playing a few. 

"Yea-"

"Hey look, Lucas is playing his guitar," a kid about 14 or 15 called, waving all his friends over. 

"Bonjour Julian," Lucas greeted, giving him a fist-bump. 

"Who's your friend?" another kid asked, his hair a bright blonde. 

"This is Isla, she's teaching me how to play."

By now several other people had come around us. I spotted Linette and Mathieu walking across the grass. I shouted their names and waved them over as Lucas chatted with his hallmates. 

"Hey chica," Linette greeted, a bright smile on her face. My eyes trailed down to her hands intertwined with Mathieus. She blushed as I wiggled my eyebrows at her. 

"Hey pipsqueak," I teased, poking her cheek as she sat beside me. Mathieu let out a laugh when he heard me use that nickname. 

"I hate it when you call me that," she mumbled, glaring at me. 

"Where are the rest?"

"Elliot's making his way over here," Linette smirked, focusing her vision on two tall figures walking towards us. 

"And Saskia and Yann?" I asked, rolling my eyes. 

"There," she pointed, making me turn to look to the left. I made eye contact with her and she waved excitedly. 

"Isla, can you play something?" Lucas asked, bringing my attention back to him. 

"Um," I hesitated, looking around at the crowd of at least 30 people. 

"Go Isla!" I heard Saskia cheer, making my cheeks burn. 

"Fine," I sighed, taking Lucas' guitar into my lap. "But Linette you're singing."

"Wait what?" she asked, suddenly sitting upright. 

"You heard me."

I handed her my phone with the lyrics. She had listened to the song a few days back so I was hoping she remembered the melody. 

"Ready?"

She nodded, gesturing for me to start. 

I adjusted the capo before letting out a deep breath. A warm hand was placed on my knee, the heat seeping through my jeans. I looked up at Lucas who gave me a reassuring smile. Here goes nothing. 

(Song up there^)

I've been holding my breath
I've been counting to ten
Over something you said
I've been holding back tears
While you're throwing back beers
I'm alone in bed

You know I, I'm afraid of change
Guess that's why we stay the same

...

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - -  - 

Third person's POV

Elliot stood behind the crowd, his height allowing him to see over everyone's heads. 

"You know her?" his companion asked, a slimy smile appearing on his face. Elliot narrowed his eyes, clenching his jaw. 

"No."

"Sure looks like you do," the man prodded. "Don't  blame you mate, she's fine."

"Fuck off," Elliot growled, fisting his hands. His body took a threatening stance over the shorter male.

"Just saying," the man grinned, holding his hands up in surrender. "Better be careful." 

With that, he walked away, limping as he crossed the grass. Elliot turned back to face the crowd, breathing heavily. Anger bubbled in him as he watched that boy, Luke? Yeah Luke. He put his hand on Isla's knee. Elliot didn't like that at all. Little boys didn't get to touch what Elliot wanted. He was pathetic, Isla deserved better. 

The smile on Isla's face as she played the guitar warmed his heart. 

"Fuck," he muttered, running a hand through his hair. This girl was messing with his emotions and it wasn't good. He needed to let his anger out. Turning swiftly, Elliot stormed off towards his car, escaping through the crowd. As he neared his car, he heard the clapping and cheering as Isla and Linette finished their performance.  The crowd dispersed and he could see Isla's head moving around as her eyes searched the area. When they landed on him, her eyes clouded with confusion.

Isla said a quick goodbye to her friends before hurrying across the street. She wanted to talk to Elliot. 

"Elliot!" she called, breaking into a jog as he got into his car. He had seen her running for sure, but he wasn't waiting around. By the time she had reached the parking spot, Elliot had already vanished. Leaving Isla to stand there helplessly.