22

{Ready}

_______________

"We don't have time to argue. Yeontan is home alone, so we gotta go. Are one of you riding with me?"

Jimin and Jeongguk slowly turn to each other.

At the same time, they both shove their backpacks to each other, each one trying to make the other take their bag.

"I'm going with Tae!"

"You got to ride with him last weekend!" Jimin shoots back, struggling to put his bag's strap around Jeongguk, while avoiding Jeongguk's bag.

"But you've still gotten to do it more than me!"

"That's your fault!"

"Stop!" Taehyung yells, the other two freezing mid-fight. He lets out a small chuckle as he shakes his head. "You two are like children."

Jimin pulls away with a stomp of his foot and a pout. "He started it..."

"Did not!"

"Quiet!" Taehyung shouts, catching the attention of nearby students, walking around in the parking lot. He ignores it and looks back to the sulking best friends.

Before he can even say anything else, the white helmet in his hand is snatched away and Jeongguk latches onto his arm.

Jimin gasps. "Hey! That's not fair!"

"Can't cheat in a game with no rules." Jeongguk sticks his tongue out at the blonde, who brings his hands up like he wants to strangle the younger.

Jeongguk squeaks and jumps behind Taehyung, putting the boy between him and Jimin.

"Fine," Jimin groans, rolling his eyes. "Give me the keys I guess."

Jeongguk smiles, tossing his bag to Jimin, along with the key chain in his pocket. "Love you~" he sings teasingly.

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

Taehyung sighs tiredly, turning around to Jeongguk, who's smiling toothily as he puts his helmet on. "You're a little shit."

Jeongguk hums and hops onto the motorcycle.

It's another thrill of adrenaline when they take off down the road. Jeongguk isn't too sure about many things these days, but he definitely loves daredevil-like activities.

Whether it's jumping from a cliff, or daring to ride a motorcycle, holding on with only one hand (despite Taehyung's lecture afterwards about how unsafe that is).

But Jeongguk just smiles the entire time Taehyung scolds him. Eventually, he squishes the older's cheeks and pecks his lips, Taehyung immediately blushing from ear to ear.

"Seriously, that was dangerous, Gukkie," he says, the younger ignoring him as he picks up Yeontan.

"Hey, Tannie," he smiles, petting the grumpy looking dog.

Taehyung purses his lips, looking at Jeongguk silently, trying not to coo at how cute he looks with the puppy in his arms. "You're ignoring me, Jeongguk."

"Look, I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

They both sigh and Jeongguk sets the dog back down onto the floor, it instantly running to Taehyung's feet and pawing at him. He steps up to Jeongguk, hand on the boy's waist. "I'm just looking out for you, bun."

And Jeongguk smiles at that, a genuine, sweet smile of something close to adoration. "I know, TaeTae."

Taehyung just narrows his eyes. "Are you trying to act cute to distract me from scolding you?"