4

*real life*

I take a deep breath as I pulled up to my audition. Drew was true to his work and spoke with Jonas about open parts. A week later my manger was calling me telling me they were looking for a love interest for JJ and Rafe in season two and Jonas had reach out to her. It was a love triangle. So here I am, having made it all the way to the chemistry reads. Drew has been helping me prepare for each round of auditions and today is the final one. Thankfully it won't be my first time meeting Rudy, Drew had arranged a beach day when I first got here to make sure I would be comfortable with everyone which I'm pretty sure is like cheating the system but oh well.

Walking into the building the receptionist takes my name and tells me to have a seat. About 5 minutes later Jonas and Taylor the casting director come out. "Lennox good to see you again." Jonas smiles. "You ready?"

I nod standing up. "As ready as I'll ever be." I smile following behind them.

"You've met Rudy already yes?" Taylor asks as we walking into the room where Rudy is waiting. He smiles when he sees me walk in.

"I have. Hey Rudy." I grin.

Jonas and Taylor both nod taking a seat. "Great so Lennox this is just to see the chemistry that you two have since if you get the part, you and Rudy will have most scenes together and Drew seems convinced you and him already have great chemistry. You got the script we sent over right?"

"I did." I nod.

"Perfect ok so just to set the scene, this is one of the more emotional scenes between JJ and Sailor. She comes into the Chateau after they had fought earlier over Rafe and finds him crying. You two ready?" We both chorus a yes and he nods for us to start.

I move to the door and act as if I'm walking in, Rudy was sitting on a couch with his hands in his hair looking down. "JJ, JJ?" I call walking in as if I had no idea where he is.

My eyes land on him and I suck in a sharp breath. "J." I whisper walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his body and pulling him into my chest.

Rudy grips my shirt as he "cries" into me. "Fuck Sailor I'm sorry." He mutters.

"Shhhh shh. You're ok J." I kiss his head as I run my fingers through his hair. Tears well in my eyes as I rest my chin on the top of his head.

"I'm not ok. First everything with John B, and then- you- you walk into my life and try to care for me and I just, I treat you like shit." He sobbed. "I don't deserve you."

I shake my head pulling him away from me. I place my hands on his cheeks and pull him so he's looking at me. "You listen to me JJ Maybanks, you deserve the world. You were dealt a shitty hand at life and yes sometimes you lose your temper but you are doing the best you can and I know that." I blinked making tears stream down my cheeks. "And I am proud of you for getting up every day and trying to put on a brave face, but you don't have to around me ok?"

Rudy nods. "But I-"

I place my fingers on his lips. "No, no buts JJ, let me be here for you. Please." I whisper the last part leaning in touching our foreheads.

Clapping on the other side of the room broke up apart and made me turn and look at Jonas. "That was amazing, really, you two have a great natural chemistry."

I grin shooting a glance at Rudy. "Jonas is right, I think we've seen all we need to. Lennox we'll have a contract written up and we'll send it over to your manager, once you sign it we'll announce your casting and you'll be free to post about it once it's announced."

I let out a little squeal making Jonas chuckle. "Thank you guys so much, I promise I won't disappoint you!"

"I don't doubt it. Filming will start in a month here in Charleston, I think everyone already had living partners so will you be ok with living alone?" Jonas questions.

"I already do so it won't be any different." I say.

"Great, well we'll get those contracts over to you soon."