chapter 16

The Light.

It provided a sense of comfort and warmth.

But also a sense of exposure.

In the Light, you can see everything around you easily. But that also means that you completely visible, giving a sense of vulnerability.

George was Dream's weakness. He was the Light in his life, the force that was fighting against Dream's dark nature.

Resist it for Power. The Power is mine.

Dream repeated these words over and over in his head, a coping mechanism to chase away thoughts of George, thoughts of turning to the Light.

For the past 3 years, Dream had no problems with his life in the Dark Side. But more recently, the Force brought George back into his life.

And he knew that if he wasn't careful, George would be his downfall.

To solve his problems, Dream decided to try and make George join him in the Darkness. He wouldn't have to worry about the Light anymore. And, to top it all off, he would be able to spend almost every waking moment with the boy he once loved.

I need to find him again. Dream pulled his hood over his face, the shadow concealing most of his features. He grabbed his lightsaber, walking out of his door.

He needed to do something about George. He didn't think that he would ever be able to bring himself to kill him, but he might just have to.

"Dream? You feeling okay?"

Dream looked up to see his friend, Bad, looking at him from beneath his hood.

"Yeah. I just can't believe they got away," Dream said, not making eye contact.

"Yeah? Well at least you killed Mace and got Sapnap pretty good, am I right?"

A pang of guilt ran through Dream. He had tried to forget about what he had done to Sapnap, the boy who had always been like his little brother.

Dream let out a forced chuckle. "Yeah, we got them good."

He began to walk down the hallway so that he wouldn't have to continue the painful conversation any longer.

He stopped dead in his tracks. He had a feeling, like the air around him had shifted slightly. He turned to see George sitting in thin air. Every time the Force connected the two, Dream was always the first to notice. Whether that was coincidence or fate, he had no idea.

George looked like he hadn't slept in days. Bags were forming under his bloodshot eyes. His hair was uncombed and was pointing out from under his hood in almost every direction. He couldn't tell where George was, all he could see was George.

When he finally looked back at George's eyes, he noticed that the brunette was staring at him, taking in all of his features.

"Hey, George," Dream said. He meant for his voice to sound strong and powerful, like the Sith Lord he was, but it came out quiet and sad.

George noticed this and did his best not to show any sympathy. "Finally feeling guilty, are ya?"

Dream stayed quiet, studying the patterns carved into the midnight black floor.

George scoffed. "That's what I thought. You should feel terrible, you no good piece of-"

"Stop!" Dream yelled, making George jump. Luckily, the hallway Dream was in was empty, so he got no harsh stares. He took a breath, calming down a bit. "Yes, I feel bad, okay? Is that what you wanted to hear?"

George was taken back slightly. Who would have thought that someone like Dream, who kills young children for fun, could feel something like guilt.

"Sapnap has a metal arm now," George continued, doing his best to weigh Dream down with more guilt. "He's just learning how to pick up things again."

Dream could barely breath. All of this was weighing down on his chest to the point that the air around him seemed thinner, like no matter how many breathes he took, he couldn't get enough air.

All my fault.

Sapnap has no arm.

All my fault.

George was watching Dream, and from the looks of things, he was currently suffering with his guilt. But George didn't care. He deserved it. And just like that, Dream was gone.

George didn't relax, however. Every passing minute was bringing him closer and closer to Dream. And when he got there, he would finally have to face him. And this time, only one of them would make it out alive.

Sapnap is probably awake by now, George thought. That meant that the Jedi Council was probably hot on hi tail.

George knew that when he got back, if he got back, he would be in a great deal of trouble. He would be lucky if the Council didn't demote him for outright disobedience.

He ran his fingers through his hair, realizing how tangled it really was. I guess that's what happens when you're unconscious for so long.

He sat in his chair for a few moments longer, when suddenly, the ship dropped out of hyperspace. George tensed up. And his nervousness only increased when he looked out of the glass in front of him to see a massive, black mass that could only be the Sith Base.

And his ship continued to carry him straight towards it.

{875 words}
~
~
~
~
Okay I promise I meant to upload yesterday, but I may or may not have forgot to hit publish 🤦‍♀️. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) let me know if you have any suggestions or notice any errors (I'm not great at proof reading lmao).

Much love,
Sa1ty Lettuce