Chapter 1 - Go Ha Jin Comes Back

Go Ha Jin, a.k.a Hae Soo, felt her heart burst in agony and regret when her gaze landed on the painting of her Gwangjong, her wolf prince in all his glory. Despite her many letters,  there was no reply, not even an assent of her existence. As if she was just a figment of imagination her Wang So would like to forget. But how can she? 

Hae Soo only knew one fact. And that is, she loved her prince, Wang So and gave birth to his child. There is no one her heart can accommodate after he conquered it, even after the valiant attempts Jung and Wook made to claim it for themselves, albeit with different intentions. 

She had no idea when her knees gave up but Soo was on the floor and when she looked up through her tear-blurred eyes, the young time traveller could make out comments on the weirdness of her bursting into tears in a museum. 

Stop it, Soo! 

Wait. She is no longer Soo, but her original self, Go Ha Jin. 

Get up, Ha Jin-ah! You cannot swallow yourself in self-pity. 

Even as she tried to convince herself, her heart heard none of it. And right at this moment, her heart reigned over her mind. But a small thought rooted itself into her conscience. 

Ha Jin-ah... I know it hurts. And it feels like your heart is about to burst. But get up, and live. Live for your wolf prince. Live for your King. And there might be never a day you can return but dedicate this life as a sacrifice to any Gods that may listen to your one wish. Beg them that in the next life, if you can somehow see Wang So in any form, you will do all it takes to protect him, no matter what...

With her torn heart convinced, the mourning young woman stood up and walked through the gallery that outlined the achievements of the great Gwangjong,

Look, Ha Jin! You did it. He became a great king. You saved him from being a bloody monarch. 

Happiness started bubbling but a sob burst out randomly after her eyes landed on a plaque that stated, 

"Gwangjong the great king was a pioneer in trying to establish equal rights in Goryeo. Despite facing numerous challenges through this mission, the great ruler managed to free the slaves in his country and was respected across the globe for his just rule. 

I guess he was listening to your future talk, Go Ha Jin!

Happy that she had somehow made such a difference, Ha Jin walked out with her head held high,  a complete opposite of what state she was in a while ago. As she neared the exit, with one last look at the portrait of Gwangjong, she swore,

If fate decrees, let's meet one more time, So ya.......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    932 A.D

Wang So looked at the eclipse in his royal robes and a golden crown, but utterly alone and promised to the memory of his beloved Hae Soo, 

If we are not of the same world, I will find you, my Soo......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Note - Scarlet Heart Ryeo is not my work but this fanfiction is part of my imagination. I have taken the creative liberty to add a few details myself. Also, not being a Korean, this story might offend a few people with inaccurate facts. I apologize in advance and would like to ask you to help me rectify it. 

Happy reading.