Ripples of Change - Life's Greatest Lesson

It was not just Han Se Ri and Kang Mi No who felt their young miss's benevolence and kindness, strength and hidden ruthlessness. Soon, it was the chefs, the guards, the eunuchs, and the maids who followed what Miss Soo said.

To any outsider, the 8th Prince's household was divided - between Princess Yeon Hwa and Hae Soo. Lady Hae Myung Hee was the sitting duck, completely powerless and weak in the face of the strong. Her lack of power became more prominent as the cutthroat competition between the noble and the royal increased. 

But Myung Hee was not blind despite what others believed. She could see how strong her sister had grown after her awakening. Sometimes she feels worried for her as she stepped one foot in the struggle for power this early on and standing against royals and that too, her husband's family, it's a recipe for disaster. And she felt that one day, her husband would come to love her. Myung Hee had no qualms in giving up power over the household. 

However, there were moments when she felt scared of her sister. 

Sure, mostly she felt Hae Soo's leadership in play by making sure her faction did not provoke people first. But when they retaliate, they retaliate harshly and fast. Even Queen Hwangbo's maids are scared of Hae Soo's. Only Yeon Hwa was clueless about how strong and ruthless that supposed powerless orphaned girl became. 

Once, one of Hae Soo's maids tried to sabotage Han Se Ri, clearly jealous of how the latter grew close to their lady and became powerful. Guided by envy, she purposely tripped Se Ri who was serving hot tea to Lady Myung Hee. Thankfully, it did not scald the noble lady's hands as with a quick reflex, Se Ri covered her master. Cries filled the air and Se Ri's back was scalded. The surrounding maids and guards hurried to help Se Ri.

Hearing the cries, Hae Soo came running, fearing the worst when she saw the scene. Quickly, she directed the staff and showed the way to cool her skin down without scarring much while someone summoned the physician. 

Of course, that wretched maid ran away and Hae Soo soon found out that she went to Yeon Hwa's side. Mind made up, she figured that she must ascertain her dominance over her people. Calling Queen Hwangbo and Prince Wang Wook, she requested a trial in their presence and informed them of the crime. Hae Soo knowingly didn't reveal where the maid is now as this trial will get that princess to come on her own accord.

And come, she did. With the maid!

Queen Hwangbo was furious at the Princess, daring to side with the maid who dared hurt her Hae daughter-in-law. As predicted, Princess Yeon Hwa cried wolf, claiming that Hae Soo redirected the maid to go to her side to trap her. 

"Princess. Please make up your mind. Am I a poor powerless orphan of the Hae Clan or am I someone capable of trapping you?"

Hae Soo can't wait to see how the Princess will react to her trap. If she agrees to the first option, then her claim of being trapped by Hae Soo will be nought. If she agrees to the latter, then the Princess acknowledges her lack of foresight and names her a powerless orphan without giving it any consideration. 

The Princess stuttered. Having heard enough and gauging how her daughter will lose this battle. The queen came forward and handed down the punishment of 100 beatings to the maidservant. Obviously, that's granting death. 

But Hae Soo was not satisfied. She has always protected her own and this little maid has hurt her right hand, Han Se Ri. When Se Ri become her right hand, Hae Soo has no idea but she must be avenged. 

And so she sat down and witnessed how the maid was dragged from the Princess's side while she shrieked and struggled. But in a slip of a second, she escaped and ran away. Clearly knowing that she had no way to escape, as a last ditch effort, the maid took hostage a boy while holding a sword she ripped out of a guard's hand.