A Mortal in Our Midst

The young woman put a hand to her head. She was flat on her butt. One moment she'd been at work, using the shop to form a new gear, then she was here; A courtroom like place. Before her was a singular. She hauled herself up and rolled her shoulders, a bit sore from working all day.

"You have been summoned for a very rare task. We can't have you getting ahead of yourself so I've taken any earthly possessions you came with," a man with chiseled features and dark red hair spoke before her.

The young woman unzipped her blue jumpsuit, the iron-on embroidered name tag spelled out 'Emily'. She unzipped it to her waist and tied the sleeves afound her aaist. She wore a white tank top that showed off her unusual figure, including a boney body and large breasts. Her skin was honey in color, her hair a dark brown, slicked back. Her eyes were a gorgeous hazel and her face was diamond in shape. A bit muscular, but slender.

"Okay, haha, very funny. What type of prank show are we on?" Emily spoke.

"This is in no way a mortal show. This is real," the red haired man spoke, "My name is King Diavolo of the Devildom. What you humans call Hell."

"This can't be real..." She said, backing up. Some thing was not right.

"Your name?" Diavolo asked.

"It's... It's Emily Osheán," she said.

"Well dear Emily, I grant you the task of taming the one who is never satisfied," Diavolo gave her a very squinty-eyed smile. She swallowed.

"What does that mean?" She asked.

"You'll soon find out my dear," he said.

Everything happened so quickly. One moment she'd been in the courtroom and now... now she was in a bedroom. The floor was soft black carpet and a queen sized bed with soft baby blue covers was near the wall against a massive window. There were two bookshelves, a television, a gaming console, a desk, and a small closet. There was a buzz from her pocket. Hadn't they taken her phone?

She saw that this device was similar to a phone. There was no password. She opened it and it seems she'd gotten a message.

Diavolo: Enjoy your new D.D.D.! It will replace your telephone from the mortal realm. Within you can make calls, text, use Devilgram and Akuzon, along with managing your Grimm. Our currency down here in the Devildom.

Emily sighed, swiping out of the chat. Just great. She'd never even finished the part she'd been working on. That was the only reason she'd stayed late. Now she'd probably get fired. She then notice that jobs were available. Searching through them, she found that she was only experienced enough to work at a place called Hell's Kitchen. The pay way 500 Grimm for every half hour. She applied and worked out a schedule that was good for her.

Diavolo: Did you get my text?

Emily did not respond. She only tossed the D.D.D. onto her bed and turned to the closet. When she opened it, she found outfits that were not of her taste. However, if she could, she'd have someone tinker with them a bit. She decided on just pulling out a black fluffy robe and wearing that.

She held her dirty clothing and held a towel. She exited her room, socks on her feet. Her hair was stiff from the gel that kept it slicked back. She really needed a shower. Continuing to the bathroom, she also kept an eye out for the laundry room. She found it tucked away. It seemed as if no one really used it. She placed her clothes in the washer and started it up.

She headed to the bathroom, the robe tied taut around her thin body. She knocked on the door she thought was the bathroom. When there was no answer, she opened it and entered. The bathroom was gorgeous. A walk in crystal shower with a detachable head, a jacuzzi sized bathtub. It was a dream on top of black granite tile. She took a breath and started up the shower.

She disrobed herself, stepping into the water. Steam clouded the glass and she massaged her scalp thoroughly during her wash. The hair products for cleaning herself were quite... unusual. The names were strange; Septic Solute, Sarael Paris, Hellish Trap, and even a body wash company named Death and Dark Works. Emily's favorite scent was something called Granny Smith's Poison Apples. The color of this scented product was purple.

Once she was done, she exited the shower and attempted to dry herself off. She then looked for some type of product to flatten her hair. She found something called Goblin Spit. She slicked her hair back and down with it, the smell not too pleasant. She tied her towel around her and wondered if her clothes were done yet. She went to open the door to leave when it slammed open, hitting her in the face brutally.

"Leave me alone!" A man exclaimed, slamming the door shut. Emily looked to this man. He had I digo hair and striking amber eyes.

"Excuse me-" "Levi come on! I promise I won't hurt you, I just need to borrow your xCage 666!" A voice interrupted her. It'd. One from the other side of the door. Emily held a hand over her face, her nose aching.

"Excuse me," she spoke again, her voice a bit nasally. The man then looked at her.

"Who are you?" He asked, still barticading the door with his body.

"I'm Emily Osheán. Im staying here for a while. Dude, you just hit me in the face with that door," she said.

A red droplet then hit the floor. Emily aggressively sighed.