"No. Actually we are married"

Manik was sleeping peacefully on his bed. Sleeping on his stomach, one arm was stretched, holding a pillow while the other was resting above his head. His both the legs were stretched in two different direction. But his slumber didn't last long and got broke by a shout followed by a loud crying sound. Immediately he jerk off the bed and stood up with his eyes opened wide. He was calming himself down, when he heard another shout. Thinking it's a theif, he move towards the door without making any sound. He opened the door and saw Nandani standing with groot sitting on her shoulder. She was holding a vase in her hand, and it seem she was trying to see who is downstairs.

Ma: Nandu

Manik slowly whispered and Nandani turned to him. She guested him to stay quite while groot extended his arms to him and Manik gladly hold him. Groot rested on his chest, clutching his tshirt in his fist. Manik smiled warmly and patted him lightly. In a minute, he slept and Manik decided to make her lay on bed so that he can sleep peacefully. After placing him on his bed, he move out but now Nandani was not there.

Ma: ab yeh ladki kha chali gyi

Manik said being annoyed. Firstly, she wasn't saying anything and now she is not being seen also. Muttering complaints, he move downstairs and saw her standing near the main door. She pressed her face against the door, trying to listen the voice which had became faint now. He move to her and patted her shoulder.

Ma: are you okay !? ( concerned)

Na: shut up ( glaring him) and try to listen the voice

Manik just pouted seeing her angry and does what she said. Listening carefully, he realised there are many voices and in between those there is a squeaky tone.

Na: what's happening out there? ( confused)

Ma: let's check

Nandani nodded and they both move out. A crowd was gathered near the house in front of them, and a lady was crying. Their gaze move around and realised that many people are standing in their balcony and even police van is parked near the house. Both became a bit worried seeing all this and decided to check what had happened. They made there way towards them. Nandani patted the shoulder of a lady, standing in the crowd, in order to call her. That lady turn around and immediately her eyebrows scrunched seeing a young boy and girl together. Both immediately guessed her look but still gave a faint smile.

Na: yaha par Kya hua h ?( softly)

Lady: yeh ( pointing at the lady who was crying) sushma h, bechari ke ghar chori hogyi h aur voh chor saare jewellary loot ke chalegye. ( pity look)

Manik and Nandani nodded being startled. Robbery is not a small thing, and on top of that it happened in the house in front of theirs. Nandani made a mental note to be more attentive and so does Manik. They both were more scared of one thing, groot. He is supposed to be hidden from world and now they have to be more careful with him. If anything happen in their house, then groot identity will be at risk and even the magical keys are kept in cupboard only. Nandani decided to keep them in locker, so that it won't be in easy reach. They both were making notes mentally, when they heard that lady asking a typical Indian aunty question.

Lady: vaise tum duno ko toh khabhi yaha nhi dekha?

Ma: hum yahi rehte h, samne vaale ghar main ( smile)

Lady: duno akeke!? Girlfriend boyfriend hokya ( judgemental )

Na: no. Actually we are married

Nandani gave a forced smile and side hugged Manik who was standing like a statue listening to her. He was just gaping at her. She noticed that Manik is not responding, so Nandani lightly pinched his waist making him whine. But seeing Nandani giving him a look, he turn to the lady and smiled.