22. Mr. Jealous Uncle

Start from the beginning

"Okay, sure!"

We reached his cousin's mansion. A gatekeeper opened the door for us.

Chris parked the car in their parking area and then opened the door for me to come.

He took my hand and led me towards their gate.

We rung the bell and waited for someone to open the door.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that..." he was cut off when a girl in her 30s opened the door and the way she was dressed up, I knew she was Harper.

"Oh my gosh! I am so glad you are here." she squealed in excitement and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"...that she's very loud." Chris continued his incomplete sentence.

I chuckled and hugged her back.

"Now if you are done crushing my girlfriend's bones then shall we come in?" he asked Harper.

His girlfriend? That sounded foreign but warmed my heart instantly. 

"Are you really my cousin, Chris? Because I don't remember my Chrisy being so possessive about anything before." Harper teased him. He rolled his eyes and I chuckled to that. We entered into her house. 

It was a huge spacious house with french style decor. Honestly, it was one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen. 

We all sat down on the huge comfortable sofas. Soon, a handsome man came carrying the cutest baby boy in his arms. He came and sat beside Harper. Harper introduced the man as her husband, Jeremy Clarke and the little baby's name was Alex. I couldn't stop myself from adoring the little baby. I was about to stand up and carry Alex in my arms to play with him when I was pulled back on the sofa. 

"Remember the person I told you to stay away from?" he asked.

"Ummm...yes!" I said, unsure of what he was trying to say. 

"Alex is that person." he said. 

"You got to be kidding me, Chris. Why would you want me to stay away from such an adorable little baby?" I asked, surprised.

"Because I don't want you to adore him." he said as he looked at the small human being with jealousy.

"Chris, Alex is just a baby. How can you be jealous of him?" I asked, amused.

"I am not jealous. But, be it a baby or a grown up, I don't like sharing what is mine. And you, Ms. Amber Milburn, are completely mine." he said

"I never knew you were this possessive, Chris." I said blushing. That was the most romantic thing he had ever said to me but right now he is being unreasonable. 

We then started staring into each others' eyes and forgot about our surrounding.

We were talking with each other in a whisper and for a moment we almost forgot that we were around people. We came out of our stare game when Harper cleared her throat to grab our attention.

I looked at infinity in embarrassment.

I am sure I turned red.  

Harper teased us and also shared how Chris used to ignore all the dates that she and his grandma would set up for him. 

"Amber, you won't believe how he has been all these past years. I still remember how I arranged a date for him the last time he came here. He didn't want to meet the date I had arranged for him so I had to literally push him to go. You won't believe my words but, Chris Collins, your boyfriend, wrote a cheque for the date and left it on the dinner table and walked away even without waiting for his date to show up. God, I can't tell you how embarrassed I was. I haven't met her after that incident." Harper told me and I couldn't hide my shocked expression and my giggle. I looked at Chris who just rolled his eyes.