Field Trip (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

He held it up, "Peter Parker, Level 5."

FRIDAY's voice warmed up, "Hello Peter! Would you like me to inform Mr. Stark of your arrival?"

"No thanks Fri! He already knows I'm here."

"Ok. Have a good day!"

He walked through the gate and was met with gaping mouths from every one of his peers. Flash was the one who spoke up.

He turned to Trisha, "How is Penis Parker an 'Avenger' level?"

She frowned, a rare sight for Trish, at his nickname for Pete but answered his question anyway. "Peter is Mr. Stark's personal intern so he needs access to his labs and his own lab so his level was raised."

The class murmured "cool"s. Flash huffed but didn't look convinced. When Trisha moved to the front, out of earshot, Flash glared at Peter.

"I don't know how you hacked the computer or how much you paid that lady, you are not convincing me you know Tony Stark." He said, trying to sound intelligent but failing.Pete chucked under his breath and rolled his eyes.

The class rode the elevator up to the second floor and started pointing out offices and workspaces. Peter knew the place like the back of hand so he wasn't really paying attention. Then a wave of whispers washed over the group. He looked up and saw a flustered Wanda Maximoff running down the hall, a bundle of files in hand. She tripped. It looked like she was going to face plant but she stopped herself with her powers before hitting the floor. More gasps and whispers flooded through the crowd. Unfortunately, the little move had caused Wanda to scatter her papers. Peter immediately rushed over to help the familiar lady. She looked up and a smile spread across her face.

"Hey Peter!"

"Hi Ms. Maximoff!"

"Pete, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Wanda?" She joked.

Peter smiled, "Right. Wanda. Got it."

He turned and the whole class was staring at the two. Wanda looked over to the group as well and she recalled something.

"Oh I remember! Peter you said you were gonna come with your class on a field trip!"

"Yep! Guys," he turned to the class," this is Wanda Maximoff AKA Scarlet Witch. Ms. Ma-Wanda this is my class."

Most of the students gaped at her. A few meekly waved hands. Wanda seemed to disregard their astonishment.

"Well hi everyone! Thanks for visiting! I hope you'll have fun." She turned to Peter, "You too. I'll see you tonight." With that she rushed off.

After the encounter with the young Avenger, the class got a little quieter, only a few whispers, most directed at Pete. They were on the fourth floor, by the elevators, going up to the fifth. Thankfully the elevator cars were large and Peter had a small class. They were all able to fit in one. Just as the doors were about to close, Peter stuck his arm out. Running through the hall, towards the elevators, was a familiar greasy haired man. The shine of vibrainium could be seen, even from the class's distance.

"Need a ride, Mr. Barnes?" Pete called out.

"Yeah. Thanks Peter." Bucky said and boarded the elevator.

When the Winter Solider got into the confined space with the class, they inched away.

However, Peter Parker went right up to him.
"How's your day been Mr. Barnes?"

Most of the other kids looked terrified of Peter's level of comfort with the ex-serial killer/war criminal. Barnes flashed a smile at the teen, scaring the others more.

"Oh great. I trained with Steve this morning, then I had waffles and now I ran into you. What about you? The tour has got to be a little boring since you know this place like the back of your hand."

Pete shrugged,"Yeah I guess but it's still fun to be here with friends." he answered calmly, both of them still unaware of the class' uncomfortableness

"Cool." Buck responded.

There was an awkward silence. Then one of the other kids finally plucked up the courage to speak to the Winter Soldier. Unfortunately, it was Flash.

"What did Parker bribe you with to make you say that?"

Peter flat out face-palmed. Those were gonna be his last words.

"What do you mean by that?" Bucky replied harshly.

Flash flinched and stepped back. "I-I just- there's no way Penis Parker actually has an internship here."

Oh no, Peter thought. Bucky flexed his metal fingers and clenched them into a fist. He spoke through gritted teeth, "What did you just call Peter?"

You could hear a pin drop in that elevator.

Flash gulped. Barnes went to raise his arm but Pete grabbed it. The physical contact made Bucky flip around.

"Mr.Barnes, we don't kill people anymore." Peter said calmly. This comment made a lot of eyes widen, Flash's the most. Bucky relaxed, dropping his eyes down to the terrified teen in front of him.

"Sorry, Flash was it? I was overreacting a bit, but if you ever talk to Peter that way again, I won't hesitate."

Peter shrugged off the death threat, the others in the elevator did not. It was a tense ride the rest of the way. Bucky got off on his floor, said a quick goodbye to Pete and shot Flash a steely glare.