Icy Revenge

"Happy birthday to you," I began singing as I entered Faith's bedroom with a cupcake and a lit candle placed in the middle. "Happy birthday dear Faith."

Faith was still in bed and when she heard my voice, she threw a pillow over her face and groaned while I kept on singing.

I sat down beside her on the bed. "It's your birthday Fay, come on make a wish."

Faith sighed and slowly removed the pillow from her face. She sat up and gave me a look.

"What's that look for?" I asked her.

"I'm not in the mood to celebrate my birthday." She sadly said.

"Your birthday only comes once a year so make a wish and blow out the candle and then we'll see if we're gonna celebrate your birthday or not." I told her.

"Blowing out my candles is celebrating." She pointed out.

"Oh, come on Faith." I pouted. "My mom always says that no matter where you are, who you're with or how you feel you should always make a wish on your birthday. Wish for something your heart truly desires to see it become a reality by the next birthday; in that way it makes you work harder and genuinely enjoy the next three hundred and sixty-five days until your next birthday."

Faith took in a breath, closed her eyes for a long moment before she blew out the single candle.

She opened her eyes again. "Happy?"

"Happy Birthday Faith." I grinned as I fed her a bite of the cupcake. "Here's to many more together."

Faith smiled at me and grabbed me into a hug, normally I would protest but it was her birthday and I didn't get her a present so this was the best I could offer.

"I know you refuse to believe it but you're my bestest friend Mils." She said. "Thank you."

"Okay, don't get all mushy with me now." I told her when she pulled away.

"I'm glad you're here." She grinned but I could see that she was still upset about the previous night.

"Have you heard from Owen?" I asked.

"He's been trying to get hold of me all night, I switched off my phone and went to sleep." She answered.

"Faith." I drawled. "Don't you think you're being a little too harsh on the guy?"

"No." she simply stated.

"Just because he hangs out with an asshole it doesn't make him one." I told her.

"Maybe but after last night I seen how he can stink like an asshole too." She sourly said. "And no one likes a stinky asshole."

"Okay this metaphor is becoming way too graphic for my liking." I mumbled to myself before I reached for Faith's phone on her nightstand and handed it to her. "Call him, the poor guy is probably losing his mind."

"He deserves it after I specifically told him to tell Mitch to behave with you but clearly Owen can't say a word against him." Faith said.

"Maybe they have some weird bro-code or something." I pointed out. "You can't let my war with Bitchelle Clarke get in between your love story."

"Since when do you believe in love stories?" she raised a brow at me.

"I don't," I stated. "But you do and yours can't end because of me and that idiot Clarke."

She looked to be in deep thoughts for a long while until she sighed and eventually gave in. "Fine, I'll return his call."

I smiled widely at her. "Good girl."