17. LYDIA'S SUPERNATURAL SECRET

"All right, I only found one thing online called the kanima

"All right, I only found one thing online called the kanima. It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers," Stiles explained to the McCall's as they walked out of their adjacent  classes.

"That thing was definitely not a jaguar," Lilith pointed out, turning to Stiles. "And as far as I'm aware, you're not a murderer."

"Yeah, but he watched it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you, and it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead," Scott panicked, the two giving him glares, mixed with confusion and anger.

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this 'friendship'," Stiles called, catching back up with the McCall's, the girl laughing. At least Scott didn't purposefully drag Stiles into finding dead people.

~

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia," Scott told Stiles, Lilith, and Allison after the younger teens got out of chemistry that day, meeting with Lilith in the coach's office. They had caught the girl up to speed, explaining that Erica and Issac had gotten Lydia to take the kanima venom, the toxin not affecting her.

"You mean waiting to kill her," Allison corrected, the other three nodding.

"If he thinks she's the kanima, then yeah," Lilith answered quietly, feeling partially guilty. She seemed to keep trusting Derek and he seemed to keep breaking that trust.

"It's not her," Stiles defended, Lilith nodding in agreement.

"Stiles, she didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened," Scott tried to argue, but Lilith still didn't agree.

"No, it can't be her," he mumbled under his breath.

"it doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So, either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her," Allison told them.

"Well, I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school," Scott theorized. He wouldn't take the risk after hiding for so long.

"What about after school?" Allison added, the McCall's letting out a sigh. The kanima wasn't Lydia and she didn't want Derek to kill her best friend, let alone live with killing an innocent person. Why the hell do you care whether or not he ends up with more trauma, Lilith thought to herself, confused by her own emotions, he wants to kill your best friend.

"What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?" Allison suggested, Lilith liking the idea. It was better than fighting.

"By three o'clock?" Stiles questioned her plan, not thinking it was doable.

"There could be something in the bestiary," she added.

"Oh, you mean the nine hundred page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that," Stiles sassed. Lilith gave him a glare, telling him to shut up. He wasn't the only one who was scared for Lydia and he needed to stop acting like no one was as stressed as him.