13. I LOVE YOU

LILITH PARKED HER aunt's car on the side of the road, deciding to run the rest of the way to the Hale House

LILITH PARKED HER aunt's car on the side of the road, deciding to run the rest of the way to the Hale House. She got to the entrance, pulling the gate open quietly. It wasn't ideal, climbing inside what looked like a crypt to find Derek, but somebody had to do it. She walked through the hall as quietly as possible, just in case someone else was there. She finally found the room Derek was in, seeing him hanging by his wrists, his head hanging low.

"Oh, thank God," She gasped, moving towards him to pull off his chains. "You were starting to scare me, again. What is it with you and letting people believe you're dead?"

"It fuels my ego to see you all sad," He joked dryly as the heard someone coming down the hallway. Derek moved his hand back up, making it look like she never removed the chain from his wrist as her heart started racing out of fear. "Hide, I've got this."

She did as told, pushing herself against the wall as a man came in, turning on the light facing Derek. "Ready to have some more fun?" He asked menacingly. "To be honest, my knuckles are kind of hurting. So I brought some help." Lilith's eyes went wide, seeing the wooden baseball bat. "But, I need to warn ya, I used to play in college."

"I had a little help too," Derek told him as he grabbed the bat, turning the man's attention to Lilith long enough for him to punch the jerk into the wall. Lilith moved quickly, untying him the rest of the way as Scott and Mari showed up.

"Lily, stop. Not until he promises to help us stop Peter," Scott told her, Lilith looking at him like he was insane.

"Scott, whatever drama you're concerned about doesn't matter right now. Kate could come back at any second, we need to go," Lilith told him rationally, rolling her eyes at him.

"Maybe he needs to know that Peter meant to kill his sister," Scott told him.

"What are you talking about?"

"This is what brought your sister to Beacon Hills, right?" Scott asked, pulling a picture of a dear with their symbol for revenge carved into it.

"Where did you get that?" Derek asked, obviously recognizing it.

"My boss told me three months ago someone came into the clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you want to know who it was? Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here so that Peter could kill her and become the alpha, and that's why you're going to help us," Scott explained, walking away from the man. "Just say that you'll help me and I'll help unlock your other-"

Scott was cut off by the sound of the chain breaking as Derek had gather enough strength and anger to break the chain. "I'll help you," He told them. They exited the cellar, Derek putting his shirt and jacket back on, and began moving through the woods.

"Hey, hold on, hold on," Derek stopped them, sounding very breathless for a man who had barely been walking and can heal fast. He turned his body, looking around to make sure they weren't being followed. "Something doesn't feel right."