Vintage x Fem Reader

This is kinda just a small thing I decided to make, not the kind of stuff I usually write. I do think Vintage deserves more content :> 

He might be a bit ooc in this sowwy

3rd Person Pov

Wow.

Who knew the nicest girl in Inkopolis would ever get together with the meanest edgy hot-topic 2000's teenager wannabee.

No one, apparently.

"Why are you dating him?" one would ask Y/N.

"He seems like the type that'd go around killing neighborhood pets. Definitely someone you shouldn't date," another would say (pls get the reference hnggggh).

Despite their words, Y/N never saw Vintage anyway differently. Everyone else is just a coward. They're too scared to see how much of a sweetheart Vintage actually is.

If you'd actually attempt to know him, you'd find out Vintage is just like everyone else. He isn't just some merciless splatting machine. He has emotions. He can feel happy, mad, or sad.

Truth be told, Vintage has admitted to Y/N that the things people say about him do make him feel a bit down...

He puts on a tough-persona so much that he's afraid to show actual emotion to the public. What if they think he's weak, or not as good as everyone hypes him up to be..?

...

Ever since Vintage started dating Y/N, he's felt more confident about himself. Y/N convinced Vintage that he shouldn't care what others say about him, and that whatever anyone says or thinks, he'll still be important to her and his friends.

How sweet.

Maybe one day Vintage will show his true self to the world, and will learn to stop caring about the public opinion.