Chapter 4

----------------------> THE PRO'S OF POTION CLASS GETTING OVER: they were free to walk out the door

----------------------> THE PRO'S OF POTION CLASS GETTING OVER: they were free to walk out the door. The con's of potion class getting over: Gen and Roman have horribly judgemental potion partners and they also have a habit of ranting.

So Artemis was stuck listening to Gen rant about how awful and stuck up Walburga Black was with the occasional in-put from Roman over how snobbish Abraxas Malfoy was for the past few hours.

"Malfoy called me a mud blood forty two times while we were making our potion." Roman said. "Believe me, I counted." 

"That's horrible," Artemis said, "Everybody knows your supposed to do it forty nine times. It's an arithmetically, very lucky number." 

Roman glared at her as Gen snorted.

"Do you think Malfoy or Black can talk about anything beside blood?" Artemis continued offhandedly.

Roman snorted. "I sincerely doubt it."

"Talking about blood purity is kind of their thing," Gen replied to Artemis, "Like how yours is spreading gossip while commenting over Quidditch matches and Roman's is to wear something blue every single day." 

"-And yours?" Roman questioned, smirking.

"To look amazingly fashionable as she criticise everybody else, of course!" Artemis said before Gen could reply, making Roman laugh once more.

"I wanted to hex her so badly," Gen repeated after she had rolled her eyes again. The 'her' obviously referred to Walburga Black.

"It's good that you didn't. Otherwise, it would have been animal abuse." Artemis replied, making Roman laugh and Gen crack a smile.

"So," Gen began, her lips curved into a sly smirk, "You're being unusually quiet about your own partner. Tell me why." 

"Well, there is not much about my potions partner that I can share that you already don't know about," Artemis said, "Professor Slughorn surely did a wonderful job at complimenting our potion making skills every single time we added something." 

Roman and Gen laughed.

"You know, up till then, I didn't know that there were seventeen different ways somebody could compliment another on simply adding an ingredient to their cauldron." Roman admitted with a smile.

Artemis scowled. "And I could have gone along with my life perfectly well without knowing that little fact as well." 

Gen laughed again. "Come on, Arty; you have to admit it was pretty funny- the way Slugs was raving over you and Riddle-" 

"-And if I hadn't been included in the joke, then yes, it would have been funny." Artemis's scowl deepened.

"-I honestly thought that the man got a heart-attack when the two of you brushed hands while adding rose water at the same time." Roman finished with a laugh.