Beauty Marked Part 28

Start from the beginning

I looked out towards the stairwell from the loft. A golden light shining against the wood. My muscles in my legs twitched to make me stand. My fingertips buzzed with the want to touch her. Why was this happening? I had managed to bring her all the way here without any real problems. Why was this feeling coming back? Could it be? I sat up. She could be awake by now?

As I moved to sit up I glanced at a mirror in the corner. My purple eyes staring back at me. Damn these eyes.. It was because of these eyes that I couldn’t try to make things work with Elise if I wanted to. Receiving a pardon from the Lord himself might change all that… but in order to do that I had to give them Elise.Meaning I'd lose all chances anyways. Not liked it mattered. I had to stop fooling myself. I sighed deeply looking back towards the glow at the stairs. It’s what’s best for her anyways I thought as I laid back down fighting the urges in my body I stared at the ceiling instead. It was just a job from the very beginning…

The next morning Quinn called me down into his workshop, Elise still laid on the rustic table but her chest was moving up and down more rhythmically. Breathing normally. I almost sighed in relief but stopped myself as Quinn cleared his throat to get my attention. “You sure know how to pick em’ don’t you lad?” I looked to the side with a grimace, “Tch, what’s that supposed to mean?” Quinn looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “It means you’re either the luckiest man alive or the biggest idiot. I assume the latter.” I crossed my arms and leaned against the surrounding counter space.

“Meaning?” I said shortly. “She’s something entirely different than I’ve ever dealt with before...she awoke only moments after I starting siphoning the pure energy.” My body jolted hearing that. “So she did wake up?” Quinn looked at her and back to me. “It’s as I thought” Quinn walked towards me, “You have no idea what you’ve gotten yourself into, there’s little to nothing I can do to help you either.” I held the counter behind me, “Start making sense, what are you talking about? And please no more of this half answer crap”

Quinn looked at Elise on the table. “It means that she woke up after only a small amount of energy looking for more as a full succubus...and didn’t take mine. That whether you know it or not, you now have a connection with sleeping beauty there on the table. It means that she could have killed me and sucked me dry but didn’t… because she wanted you.” I couldn’t fathom what he was saying. “Elise- she would never hurt anybody-” I was quickly cut off. “The girl I met was someone different from this Elise of yours I think, that or you have a strange taste in women, which I wouldn’t put past you… I asked her who she was, not only did her heartrate elevate but she never answered me. As if she didn’t know herself.” I looked at Elise on the table, could she have awoken not as her true self? Or was it her true self that’s dormant inside of her? Thoughts of when I kissed her and she pulled me into her kiss so passionately came back into my head. She then woke up not realizing what she had even done. She was on the brink of near death then too.

“How...do you know that it’s me that she wanted? Did she call me by name?” Surely I would have come down last night if she had called for me. Quinn sighed, “No she didn’t but call it a hunch. You knew she woke up didn’t you? Which means regardless if she wanted you or not; you still have a connection to her.” I stayed quiet as Quinn walked around to one of the counters and picked up a vile full of red liquid that had a slight shimmer to it. “Beautiful ain’t it? I had to see if what you said about little miss angel over there was true...I’ve never seen such blood.” I couldn’t help myself but go on the defensive. “You took her blood!? While she was practically dying?”