Beauty Marked Part 28

Back here again so soon in that familiar cold. That unwelcoming, solitary cold and darkness. I wanted my warmth back. I needed it back. As I felt my desire for it grow deeper I received what I wanted, but it was- different. Sharp heat in my neck stung slightly. In my vision I saw a swirling gold like mist in my darkness. I felt my heart thudding in my chest. My body warming as the mist continued to swirl within me. It spread to my senses, behind my eyes, lifting the heaviness throughout, adding blush to my cheeks. Rejuvenating me. This wasn’t the warmth I wanted. it wasn’t my warmth. But it felt so good I didn’t fight it. I needed it. The gold mist consumed the darkness fading it away until light began to fill all of my senses. I felt my body then. I was laying down on something stiff, uncomfortable, but not painful. What was happening to me? Where was I? Who…. was I?

At once I felt the energy surge through me and my eyes opened. My eyes were greeted with a rustic wooden roof. Above me the golden mist that I saw behind closed eyes swirled, and was going into my very body. This mist was real. I looked off from where I laid and my sight was greeted by that of a shorter, old man. A scar over his left eye. All the white hair missing from his head on his face instead in the form of a mustache and big thick eyebrows. He looked startled for a moment as he looked at me. “Remarkable..” He whispered. I merely looked at him curiously. Who was this man? How did he know me? Did he know me? The look on his face made me think otherwise. He didn’t seem relieved as one who knew me might.

“To awaken so soon.. You certainly are something different aren’t you?” he commented. I felt my eyes burn. He was a man..he could give me what I wanted. I thought “Who are you? Where am I?” I asked, looking directly into his one good eye with mine. “Such a deep gold, so vivid and rich… not usual of normal succubi” I moved to sit up. “Thank you. Will you answer my questions?” He looked right at me, and smirked. “You first,....who are you?” I thought about it… my name. What was my name? Panic started to seep into me but I dared not delve into it. The answer would come to me- I knew it would. All I could think about however, was my warmth. Where was it? Where was he?

“Answer mine first, ladies first you know.” I felt the power emanating from my eyes, their use on the old man made me focus on the warmth of the mist still entering my body. Without him, I knew the mist was the only reason I was awake. The old man put his hands up in surrender. “Easy girl, You are in my shop. You were brought here. I just saved your life.“ “You saved my life? Why? Who brought me here?”I asked immediately sitting up more, I found- I couldn’t move. my muscles had stopped no longer able to push myself up. “As I suspected… still very weak.”  The man came over and put his hand on the back of my head leading my body back down to resume laying on the table.

As I laid back down my vision began to cloud again.”No,I need him..” I mumbled The old man leaned in close. “Who is it that you need girl?” My eyes beginning to close. I couldn’t fight it. I desired him, I wanted him, now. I wouldn’t be sated by just any man, I couldn’t. Not the way he would, not the way he could warm me. I didn’t want anyone else’s energy. I wanted his. To stop my ailments. To make me feel alive. To restore me. “My warmth” I mumbled before drifting back. The mists replacing my dark vision until I felt myself lull into a deep sleep.

~Quinn’s upstairs loft~

I felt her downstairs. I didn’t think it was possible but I did. While in the midst of sleep I awoke to find myself being drawn to wanting to go down to where Quinn was working on her. I don’t know how much time had passed, but I dared not go down to check just yet. Quinn was a man who when he was working you leave him the hell alone or he’ll give you the worse of it. Frankly,I was still too tired to mess with Quinn.