Beauty Marked part 7

~ Lord Devlin’s Chambers

The servant girl had pleased me enough. I would be sated enough for now, as I had already commanded the blonde to redress and prepare to leave but there was one more little thing I had forgotten. I took her chin “Look into my eyes” she did, still deeply entranced. “You will never speak of this rendezvous to anyone, if you try to tell anyone no words will escape your lips.” She looked at me with the lost look I expected, she’d only realize later, and it would be too late for her.

It’s not like she didn’t get something good out of it. After all I had a reputation at home for my abilities- among the ladies. “Yes my Lord.” “Good. Now leave and be sure no one sees you exit my chambers.” With that I released her chin and she left.

Staying here was a pain, I wasn’t nearly as free to do what I wanted, and avoiding complications was proving difficult. But that Elise... I walked over to the remaining wine the servant girl had dropped off in the first place and poured myself a glass.

The plan was simple, come in, sweep the girl off her feet, and get the old man away from the premises to secure these lands for my father. The duke was too blinded by his own worry he proved himself a fool. However, Elise wasn’t falling for it, and she intrigued me because of it.

Women usually fell into my hands with ease, melted at my touch. I knew how to make them beg for me and me alone. But this Elise- not only was she more beautiful than most women I have encountered, but none of my usual semantics were working. She certainly would be fun to break. She would give into me eventually, marked or not. As I gulped down my wine it occurred to me- did her mark conflict with mine? Was that why she was not instantly seduced by me?

I would find out. As far as the girl goes she was useless for me finding out. She didn’t know what she was just as much as she didn’t know what being marked meant. Wouldn’t she be surprised? I grinned imagining the look of shock on her face from learning the truth. That she and I were both marked. Perhaps if she knew she and I were more alike than she presumed than I could find a crack in her armor... and how I couldn’t wait to penetrate it.

The servant girl was meant to take my mind off of Elise the whole time, off of making her mine. Her rebellion drew my closer like a moth to flame. But now that the servant was gone I could only think of the mystery of what Elise was. I had only met this woman and already she consumed my mind. My father would be able to find out for certain what she was back at my abode; he had more than enough connections. If anything he’d go to his soothsayer like he always did. The thought of the soothsayer made me shudder, I didn’t like how much power she had.

It was no doubt that she was useful however, our victory was to be almost assured because of her. It is because of her that I was made to accept Duke McClain’s letter in the first place. I walked to the desk where I had the letter laid and read it again, just for amusement.

Lord Devlin Kensington,

I know you and your father are well aware of state of affairs between marked and the non. Within my protection I have raised a marked, my dear daughter Elise, only daughter by bond- not by blood. Left in the village with no care I took her in as my own. However, I expected the fear of marked to wane and for people to come to their senses about our ability to coexist. Alas, I grow old, and I can not protect her from the world forever. Her beauty only grows, her hair deep chestnut, her skin a tinted mask if snow, plump lips and deep eyes with shimmering gold in their depths that shall pierce your heart within a glance, as they did mine. I know not what she is but that her beauty affects all, and that she is radiant both in beauty and in literal sense, aglow like a goddess. I know that under your family she would be under the greatest care, and have more than enough to make her happy.  With this I offer, come, seek my beloved daughter’s hand. Though, she is prize enough- with your unity I shall also relinquish half the worth if my estate. Though I feel as soon as you meet her you will not be able to refuse so easily. I look forward to your response.  

Duke Gren McClain

Beautiful indeed and I had at first perceived his letter as exaggerations. As had been all the others received, desperate fathers trying to get into my family name by throwing their daughters at me. However, taking care of a marked, keeping her away from her own kind even- was inexcusable. He shouldn't have had any contact with her whatsoever. I had no intention of marrying her. Only to take her back with us to keep the old duke busy.

I refused to be tied down, my father knew it. But now instead of just leaving her to fend for herself I would make sure that I would claim her as one of my pleasure maidens. My father did say I could do whatever I wanted with her as long as I get the land. That's all the soothsayer had instructed. After all we did have a very long ride back to our province in the morning to get more acquainted. No doubt with her fiery spirit she'd become my favorite once I showed her the ropes. I grinned at the thought.

Glancing at the fireplace, I watched as the embers grew dim, slowly dying. I extended my free hand and summoned fire forth, playing with it in my palm. The flames I was so accustomed to dancing on my skin, now seemed a simile for the girl I’d just met. Fire was in my soul, and if I could tame it- she had no chance. Oh Elise, you will be mine, no matter how much you shy away, no matter how hard you push me back, or how far you run, that passion to escape me will only bring you closer. I threw the fire in my palm into the fireplace, igniting the embers back into a roaring flame. Let the games begin, my sweet.

 *Yes I know it's a short one but I'll be seperating different perspectives like this. Please let me know what you think about what you've discovered and if you like the change of perspective ^^ Can't wait to get some comments and Thank you so much for reading!*