Epilogue

I screamed in pain in the hospital bed. The pain was so bad, and my screams were so loud, that I could barely focus on the doctors telling to to push, and to breathe.

My water broke about six hours ago. That whole time, I was waiting with so many emotion flying through my head. The contractions had been painful, but nowhere near as bad as this.

Nate was by my side, holding my hand, encouraging me like the doctors were. As the pain worsened, I noticed myself digging my nails in his hand. I felt him wince, but he didn't complain.

Finally, the pain eased, and one of the doctors picked up a baby. My daughter. They cleaned her off, then gave her to me. She was so precious.

I held her so gently, careful not to hurt or drop her, "Diana."

Nate and I had decided on that name shortly after finding out the baby would be a girl. I liked it because I could call her Diamond as a nickname. It was silly, but Nate liked the idea, too.

It was rare that an Alpha's first pup was a female. The first born usually takes on the role as Alpha when they are old enough, so a female Alpha is rare.

I gave Diana to Nate, feeling so tired and weak. It was hard to let go of her, but I didn't want to hurt her.

"She's so beautiful." He murmured, "Our little Diamond."

I smiled and closed my eyes. I finally had a family of my own. I'd do anything to keep them safe.