Chapter 3

I slowly opened my eyes to a bright white room. I thought I was in another room that the men would take me. I moved me arm slightly and realized I wasn't tied to the bed. What's going on? I slowly looked around and saw medical equipment everywhere. I looked at my left arm and saw an IV tube attached to it. Where am I?

I whimpered as I heard the door open. I saw the man from the night before walk in. I pretended to be asleep as he came to the bed slowly. Please go away.

"I know you're awake." He murmured in a soft voice, "Why are you pretending to sleep?"

I kept my eyes closed and didn't say anything.

He sighed and sat down, "I don't know what happened to you in your past or who you were talking about last night, but I promise I'm not going to hurt you."

"That's what they said when they first took me." My voice was quiet.

"Who are they?" He asked, "And what did they do to you?"

I opened my eyes to look at him. The light in the room made it way easier to see him than in the forest the night before, and I froze when I saw how handsome he was. I found myself falling for him. I quickly looked away. I can't fall in love with someone who just kidnapped me.

He got up and went to the door, "I understand if you don't want to talk about it yet."

I heard him leave the room and close the door behind him. A few moments later, I heard talking.

"I told you not to go in just yet." A woman's voice growled, "She's not ready for visitors yet."

"I was only checking on her." The man said, "She's my mate, I wanted to make sure she was okay."

Mate? I vaguely remembered my mom telling me a little about what a mate was.

*Flashback, eight years old*

"When you find your mate, you will fall in love with him right away." My mom said, "When I first found your father, I was scared that he would reject me because I was a werecat so I ran away, but I couldn't deny that I loved him."

I made a choking sound, "I'll never fall in love with a boy."

My brother ran in at that moment, "So you're going to fall in love with a girl?"

"No!" I squeaked, "Love is gross and I'm never going to fall in love with anyone!"

My mom laughed, "I'm sure you'll change your mind when you find him."

*End of flashback*

Now the one I am supposed to love forever has kidnapped me, and as much as my brain tries to fight it, I will never love him.