Exhausted

No one knew what was going on with Andy the next morning when she cleaned the engine in complete silence.

Vic caught sight of Robert whispering to her but Andy's whispers were the only ones loud enough to make out when she snapped, saying,

"I can't do this right now!" She refused to look at Robert, who walked away defeated, his patience wearing thinner and thinner.

"What was that about?" Vic asked once he'd left the barn.

"Nothing," she mumbled, violently ringing out her rag before picking up her bucket and exiting the room as well, only to be sent back by a siren. The day was busier than usual for Andy, who was on Aid car with Travis, and when the night fell, she felt as though she'd just set her head down when the first if many alarms had her up and on her feet for the rest if the night. As the sun rose above the horizon, Travis drove back, saying nothing when Andy drifted right off to sleep. When they pulled back in, the rest of the station was sitting down for breakfast. Still out of it, collapsed in her seat with less than two hours of sleep total, further exhausted from her lack of sleep the night before her shift. She folded her arms and placed her head in them.

"Andrea," a voice pulled her back from the edge of consciousness. Her police instincts would have had her jumping awake but it'd been long enough that her exhaust was stronger than her instincts. Her father placed a hand on her forehead as she stirred and when he pulled it away, she pushed herself to sit up.

"Hi , dad," she said weakly but in a sweet voice when she saw him. "What are you doing here?"

"Checking up on you." There was a small amount of chatter from the other end of the table but it was in hushed tones.

"Shouldn't it be the other way?" she asked, accepting the orange juice Dean slid in front of her with a small "thanks."

"I feel fine. I had a feeling you weren't."

"Seattle decided to lose it last night. Do you know how many idiots this city has?"

"Andrea, you know what I'm talking about."

"Mom sends her best," she added before standing and making her way to the sink. She stopped in front of it and gulped down the orange juice, pretending it was an acceptable breakfast.

"And Rosie?"

"Is Rosie. It was old friends and lunch. Now, how are you feeling? How much sleep did you get?" She asked, leaning back against the sink, too tired to hold herself up.

"More than you." By the time Andy was about to get off of work, she was so exhausted, she thought she might collapse, but the alarms still blared and before she knew it, she was stumbling out of a building on a nearly empty tank. The heat and exhaust won and it was clear on Andy's face. She headed home long after her shift ended and struggled to get ready for the afternoon ahead.

While Andy had warned Jack she'd planned on having company, when he didn't hear her moving around the apartment that afternoon, he almost forgot by the time the doorbell rang and he let in two unfamiliar faces, and one he did remember.

"Daisy Villa. Annalise's mom," a kind woman introduced herself.

"Annalise?" He asked, looking to the other two people and then back at her.

"Right. She goes by Andy here."

"Yeah, I know her as Andy," Jack replied, unable to hide the confusion on his face. "Please, come on in. Can I get you anything, you know, other than Andy herself?" While everyone declined, they took seats at the counter, studying the space around them. It was a small and simple apartment, with few things that indicated Andy lived there.