Fix Me

My eyes flutter open and the first thing I feel is a sharp jabbing pain in my side. I clutch it and breathe deeply.

"Jenna!" I hear a voice say.I look up and see Liam. He notices the pain in my expression and his face falls. "I'll be right back." he says.

He walks out of the room and I glance around at my surroundings. A hospital room. I could've figured that, but why? I mean, why is there a pain in my side? This hasn't happened before... What was it Liam said? lungs? No. Kidney? Yeah that was it. Why am I having kidney problems?

A nurse walks in.

"Good day, dear. How are you?" she asks.

"in pain, confused." I state.

"the pain will go away soon. We'll have to do surgery but, afterwards, it won't happen again. As for the confusion, what are you confused about?" she asks.

"Why did my kidney all of the sudden start to hurt?"

"Well, you have a minor kidney failure. We have to remove one of your kidneys. But, you have moral support! Your twin brother had to go through the same thing!" she says brightly.

"Where is he?"

"Oh, he came to get me. He said he would be back in a moment." she says.

"Okay." I say. Soon enough, Liam walks in.

"How are you?" he asks.

"Fine" I respond, as the pain has subsided. "err, thanks for, you know, the ambulance and everything." I say.

He smiles. "What is family for?" he says.

"Well, still, thanks."

"You're welcome." he says. "you're going to have to get surgery. You'll have a couple of recovery days afterwards. Do you want the surgery now or later?" he asks in daddy Directioner mode.

"Now, definitely. I couldn't stand dealing with these random spots where I can't do anything." I say. He nods knowingly.

"Okay, I'll tell him. Just remember, I had to go through this too. So I'm right here if you need me." he says.

"Thanks Liam." I say with a smile. He smiles back and leaves to talk to re doctor. My phone catches my eye. I snatch it off the table and look at it. I see 10 new messages. I go to look at them, but the nurse interrupts me.

"We're ready to perform your surgery." she says. I nod and follow her to another room. I gulp before walking down the hallway.I notice Liam following behind me. I slow down a little so I'm next to him and I squeeze his hand. As we approach the door, the nurse turns to Liam.

"I'm sorry sir, but only authorized personnel past this point." she says. He purses his lips but nods.

"You'll be alright. I'll see you in a few days." he whispers in my ear. I nod. I walk through the door and lay on the bed. The nurse hands me sleeping pills. I take them and almost immediately feel drowsy. The world begins to blur and it slowly fades to black.