Close Calls and Comebacks

I wake up in my new little flat. A smile quickly makes its way onto my face. It's replaced when my phone goes off, indicating I have a new text. I hesitate but go and look at it. I see not one new text but several.

From: Logan *.*

Jenna! Where are you??? Did I do something?? I'm sorry!! Come back!!

From: Liam

Jenna, please come back. We all miss you. Louis is so sorry that he punched Logan. Please please please! At least text me. Where r u?!?

From: Louis

I'm sorry, Jenna. Plz txt bak. I miss you sooo much. We all miss you. Plz!

From: Niall

Where'd u go? How am I supposed to live without my bff? What? You can't just leave!

From: Harry

Jenna! Come back!! We're all going crazy looking 4 u!! Liam's at the house beating himself up. Louis keeps yelling that it's his fault. You have to get back.

From: Zayn

We miss you! Come back! Life is hard sometimes, but you can't get the blessing without the pain.

From: Rachel

I will hunt you down and murder you if you don't come back. These boys are driving me crazy, like you told me where you went. Come. Back. Now. Oh, and Logan is *.* whoa btw. Anyway, get back here!!

I chuckle at Rachel's text but only respond to one of them.

To: Niall

Hi. Meet me at the Starbucks downtown as soon as you get this. Just you and me, not the others. Do not tell anyone!

I hit send and get changed. I grab my bag and ride down to the Starbucks. My phone goes off.

From: Niall

I'm here.

I look around and see someone in a green hoodie and sunglasses. He spots me and sits down.

"Jenna!" Niall says.

"Hi." I say. He sweeps me into a hug.

"We missed you! So glad you're coming back." he says cheerfully.

"Whoa whoa whoa. I'm not coming back. Too much drama! The boys can't know I met up with you. Heck, they can't know I even texted you back. Okay? As of now, I don't exist in your worlds."

"What? Why?" he says flustered.

"Because I'm not cut out for this. For people caring about me so much. And so many people! I mean, 7 people's lives are affected if I leave. I can't deal with that. I can't do that."

"Jenna, we miss you. Liam is going crazy. And don't even get me started on Louis! And don't even start about how you can't deal with people caring! You can't deal with one certain person caring... But who is it?" he asks. How does he read me so well? Ugh, I'll just be honest with him.

"Logan. He's so great but, he's not right for me. He's just..."

"Then dump him!"

"You make it sound so easy..."

"It's not easy, but you can't lead him on."

"I know." I say. I look at the time. It's been 15 minutes. "Uh, I have to go."

"Jenna, you need to come back."

"I can't, Niall."

"Yes you can." he hugs me again. "We miss you."

"I'm sorry." I say, looking down to avoid his sad gaze. I go out to my bike and rev it up.

"Jenna!" I hear him call. I grit my teeth together. My eyes get blurry from the tears. No, stop crying! I see two bright lights. I swerve and run into narrowly miss a wall. I ride into a parking space and literally collapse from the emotion. I can't deal with this! I almost crashed! I don't cry! I can't stand this whole caring family and friends thing. It's not me. My eyes beg to close and just lock out any more emotion, but I can't in the middle of a parking lot. I try to stand, but the lack of energy forbids me from moving. A person walks over in front of me.

"Jenna?" a voice asks. Logan. I will myself to stand up. Thankfully, it works. I stand and he pulls me into a hug.

"Oh thank god. I thought you were hurt. I thought I did something." he backs away. "come on, I'll take you home."

He puts me into his truck and, with help, loads in my bike also.

"Where did you stay?" he asks after getting into the drivers seat. I give up on putting up a fight. I have to go home. I look over at Logan. Maybe I do love him. I mean, he just saved my life! What if I had gotten back on my bike? I probably would have crashed. I direct him to the new flat and grab my few possessions. I sign the papers and leave, under Logan's watchful eye.

He drives me back to my flat and we unload my bike and I grab my bag. I walk into the familiar room. I smell the distinct scent of the small flat. I feel a hand touch my shoulder. I turn around to see Logan. He smiles genuinely.

"I'm so glad I found you." he says and pulls me in for another hug. I back away a little before kissing him on the lips. He seems startled but happy. When we pull away, he looks down on me with a smile.

"I should find you more often." he says. I smile and peck him on the lips again. It feels all good again. But there's something that's off. I push that feeling away. It's just my pessimist conscience, right?

"I have to go to work, babe. But I'll see you tomorrow." he says.

"okay. I have to go see the boys and Rachel anyway."

"Okay, bye." he walks back out to his truck and drives off. I begin to bite my lip as I realize I have to go confront Liam. He is going to be mad as heck. I sigh, might as well get it over with. I walk out to my bike and start it up. I take a deep breath and ride over to the boys flat. I walk up to the door and hesitantly knock on Liam's flat's door. He mumbles something and opens it. His face lights up.

"Jenna!" he yells and hugs me. "oh gosh, I thought i'd never see you again! I am so so so so sorry! Please never run away again." he says.

"i..... Can't..... Breathe...." I try to say.

"Oh sorry." he releases me. His face drops. "You need to go see Louis!" he says. My stomach plummets.

"Come on!" he says, dragging me out of his flat and to Harry and Louis' door. I gulp.

I take a deep breath and knock...