Chapter Three ♡

Moa had taken to following Maya and Justin around the stables every evening. Or rather, this was the second time but she felt like it would turn into a habit.

She'd found she much preferred these walks to the gossip and slander the other girls offered.

Her first two days at Moorland had been perfect. Not that she'd done anything exciting, it was just the spirit of wilderness in the jorvigian air. And Blaze.
Very much Blaze.
Very little the bobcats.

It was something about him that she couldn't quite put her finger on. But he felt more than a camp horse.
Blaze was... his own. He certainly listened to Moa when she asked him to, but it was with the air of him wanting too. He didn't do it because he'd been schooled too. No, he did because in some weird way he wanted to please her. To impress her.

It sounded ridiculous, Moa knew that. That's why she hadn't told anyone about it. She had a feeling none of them could really understand.

Moa had been so focused on her own thoughts she bumped into Maya when the other girl stopped.
Justin stood a few steps ahead with a worried expression plastered on his face.
He was looking at a man dressed in very typical country clothes, who was hurriedly walking towards them.

"That's Thomas Moorland." Maya whispered from the corner of her mouth. "I bet he's got news on G.E.D."

"Gede what?"

Maya waved away her question as Thomas Moorland himself, owner of Moorland Stables came to a stop in front of them.

"This is getting out of hand!" Thomas exclaimed as they came closer. He looked utterly exhausted and disheveled.

Looking at Justin he said; "I just heard he's almost convinced the town council that G.E.D has legal rights to this land and there is barely no time left to stop him." Throwing a glance over his shoulder and out the iron gates Thomas Moorland schoffed.
"His creepy surveyors are setting up equipment already."
Both Maya and Justin looked furious. And Moa could hardly blame them. It seemed utterly absurd to her that anyone would want to tear down a place like Moorland Stables.

"But we do own the land!" Justin called out in frustration. "Dad!"

"You talk as if this were my fault." Thomas said sadly. "We just need a little more time Justin." And with that he turned and walked away.

"We need to do something!" Maya declared fiercely. "I call for sabotage!"

"Honestly," Moa said calmly. "Why not?"
Maya beamed at her for agreeing.

"We can't just-" Justin began but fell silent upon a distinguishable cracking sound close by. "Alright."

Maya looked besides herself with excitement. "It's so dark they won't see us if we stay close to the trees."

Moa thought about it for a second. "It's not a stupid idea." She said slowly. "They are putting up GPS' right? I thought I saw one earlier."

Justin nodded, confirming her theory.

Hurriedly Moa went on, "So technically we could just press the off button."

Realization dawned on their faces.

"It isn't not doable." Justin said. Thomas, who had appeared suddenly, smiled weakly. "You've got a smart little mind, girl."Moa beamed. "Can I help?" "Since you are little," Justin joked. "You could sneak in behind the bushes.""I'm not backing down from an adventure."Seemingly a little bit hesitant, Thomas nodded. "I'll leave you three to it then." He said, shooting Justin a very pointed look her way. Dismissing it as nothing important, Moa felt adrenaline build up inside her. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 07, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Soul Rider (new and fancy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें